GO!

Thought I may as well try!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 1:04pm PST 
Good afternoon! Here I'll let you all know what's going on- my family and I used to have a wonderful Bichon Frise named Francine (this was 2005-2011). When my mom passed in 2011 I was 17, no place of my own, no anything, really, so in everything that was going on, Francine was given to a Bichon rescue in Iowa (I still live here in Iowa too). In my carelessness after my mom's passing I threw away a lot I regret and the papers we got describing the adoption were included. I now can't locate the rescue that was used. I have such guilt in losing that last contact with the dog I loved so much, so I thought I'd try posting in this forum to see if anyone could help me find a way to locate Francine. I don't want to take her away from her new family, but knowing that she made it to a good home is really what I'm trying to find. If anyone is in Iowa, this adoption would have been in Sept or Oct of 2011. Or if anyone has a list of bichon rescues in Iowa? I've been searching online and have only found one, and they don't have any record. Couldn't hurt to ask, right?
[notify]