GO!

Losing it.

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Shiver Me- Timbers- "Charlie"

My Little Dog, a- heartbeat at my- feet.<3

Barked: Sun Sep 30, '12 8:13pm PST 
Totally depends on what you can handle in terms of financially, emotionally, and physically. I currently have two dogs, two rabbits, a snake and a hamster and am currently at the limit I am happy with. My fiance and I want to start trying for kids sometime in the very near future, so adding to our pack seems like it would be too much - let's face it, a five year old, well-socialized Beagle and a six month old, well-socialized pup are FAR easier... than if I kept adding and adding.

Again, up to you and what YOU can handle.

Without kids or rabbits, I know for a fact that I can handle four+ easily.
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 6:29am PST 
After taking a few deep breaths, I believe I will wait a few years and take stock of the situation. After retirement, will I have enough money to provide for them as I want to? I figure I am on track for the 4 I already have, but prices go up, and income doesn't.

I'll give it some serious thought before I do get into anything. Time is my biggest issue right now, so it would just be saner to wait until I have more time - after retirement.

And right now, I have no physical challenges. I am a former long distance runner (well I still run, just not marathons any more) and at 55 I am still in decent shape...give it a few years and take stock.

In the meantime, I enjoy the ones I have and admire every other one I come across.

(We were coming out of a diner the other week and I spotted a man walking a dog. As I shot off to meet it, I heard my sister in law say "Oh, she found a dog to talk to.)
big grin
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 8:44am PST 
I have one friend with 7 and one friend with 4. The one with 4 feels like she has too many. She said her four have formed a pack and don't listen to her anymore! laugh out loud You need to watch for that too I guess!

I really enjoy fostering. I know I could do two of my own dogs full time but I prefer to at this time keep my home open to fosters...and my group tends to keep my two foster slots full! But I also enjoy the time in-between when it's just me & Jewel or me & Jewel & one foster that's been around long enough to know the rules. laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]

Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Mon Oct 1, '12 9:24am PST 
Well, now that you mention it, that did kind of happen to me too. Cookie is now a good and very obedient little girl, but when she first came into the pack ALL the pups got a little wild and went command deaf for a month or two.

Kept me running!
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2