GO!

Introducing Lily

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Lily

Barked: Sun Sep 2, '12 11:03pm PST 
Lily has been in my care for about a month. She's very sweet and about 6 months old. Her former owner said that shots were administered but I do not have solid proof of that. She's not spayed either. Lily gets along very well with Angel and is comfortable around my cat as well as small children. She'd make a great family pet, just needs someone that can provide and care for her the way Lily deserves. There's more information on her profile page...if you are interested feel free to message me or respond here.
[notify]
Nautica's- Memorial

Never Nauti,- Always Nice!

Barked: Tue Sep 4, '12 10:23am PST 
Lily is precious! cloud 9 But, PLEASE have her spayed prior to adoption. Especially in the South, "pit bulls" are at such a great risk of falling into the wrong hands. Often that means puppy mills, backyard breeders, illegal dog fighters, etc. And, also, "pit bulls" are the most commonly euthanized breeds in Texas there's not enough homes for the number being produced.

A few ways you could help ensure Lily a suitable forever family ...

***Spay -- ensures she wont contribute to the overpopulation epidemic and lessons her chances of being obtained for unscrupulous purposes.
***Vaccinate -- as you may have seen in the news lately, there is a long-time Canine Distemper Virus epidemic in Texas. Additionally, any pup 6 months or older must receive a rabies vaccination by law.
***Microchip -- if she is ever lost, stolen or abandoned YOU will be notified as either the primary for secondary contact associated with the chip.
***Adoption fee -- an adopter willing to reimburse veterinary expenses you incurred for the pup is more likely to continue to provide appropriate veterinary care throughout the pup's life.
***Veterinary Reference -- the care a potential adopter provided to previous companion animals often greatly reflects the care they would provide to a new pup.
***Home visit -- an opportunity to see that it's a suitable environment for the pup and see how the pup interacts with all of the potential adopter's family, other animals included.

We wish you the best of luck in finding Lily the forever family she deserves.
hug
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 8:09pm PST 
She's beautiful. I urge you to spay her as well before sending her off to a new home. It is the responsible thing for you, as her current home, to do.
[notify]

Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 12:45am PST 
I am happy to say that Lily found a loving home with some friends of mine. They will love her and treat her like a Princess. At the initial meeting she went right to them with her tail wagging! She has a mom, dad, and two brothers that will take care of her and love her.

Unfortunately I am not made of money and wasn't able to have her spayed/vaccinated first. I am still dealing with hardship from Jack's passing and the $5000 that came of that.
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Sun Sep 9, '12 6:15am PST 
Discount spay/neuter clinics are often under $100. If you can't afford it, pay for it and then include it in the adoption fee. Or have them sign a contract that she will be spayed under their care. Or make an appointment with her vet (she should have at least of had basic vet care) after her adoption date, so her new owners can take her.
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 1:17am PST 
I did make her an appointment with TXCAP for her owners to take her to get spayed and they will also do her shots there for a discount.

Just saying, sometimes it's hard to even have less than $100 to spend on a dog that's not yours when you have a dog and a cat already.
[notify]
Niki

Barked: Mon Sep 10, '12 8:41am PST 
Glad you made arrangements to have her spayed
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Tue Sep 11, '12 6:56am PST 
Yeah it's the same place I took Angel to and they will do her spay/vaccines for low cost.
[notify]
Angel

Tuff Enuff!

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '12 11:49pm PST 
I know this is an old post but I wanted to give everyone an update on "Lily." She has adjusted very well to her new family and they love her so much. Her name was changed to Shiner due to the black dot over one of her eyes smile. She's getting all the care & affection you could ask for. I get many pics of her, and can see how happy she is in them. Anyway, just wanted to write an update on her.
[notify]
Ellie

Barked: Mon Nov 12, '12 4:39am PST 
Great to hear!
[notify]