GO!

My dog had to be euthanized ten days after adoption

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Taggert

Semper Vorax

Barked: Mon Aug 27, '12 1:55pm PST 
Sometimes these things just happen. You should just be happy that you were allowed to give a dying dog a happy and loving home for the last weeks of his life.little angel That's a super special thing to do for a dog. Itsounds like the humane society is doing everything it can to work with you in this circumstance. It's patently irrational to refuse to work with them again on the back of one single problem that was honestly hard to catch until it became acute. I suggest opening your heart to another adult dog when you are ready and stop condemning the humane society for this.

Thousands of good animals go in and out of humane societies every year. Even if yeu were to go to a breeder, you might have just bad luck with a single dog. the world isn't pretty or fair, but you learn to love what you have. You'll miss scoobie, but there will be another. He was with you for a purpose.

Edited by author Mon Aug 27, '12 1:58pm PST

[notify]
Mr. Jake the- Beagle

I am Murphy's- Law Embodied! <3- Me!

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 1:36am PST 
Things like this happen sometimes. I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

My boy Mr. Beagle came to via a county run animal shelter and within a month of ownership I was facing vet bills upon vet bills for an illness no one would have detected till it became acute. I posted about it here in the beginning looking for answers and help.

Sometimes things get through especially since animals suffer quietly sometimes and cannot tell you anything is wrong. I lucked out and jake and I survived his $2000 vet bills that caught up with us when he had to have medications and medication and x-rays every two weeks. But I didn't blame the pound for handing jake over to me ill since there was no way to detect it in an otherwise healthy looking and acting dog.

But I hope there's another dog out there waiting for you. Maybe from the human society maybe not. Hopefully in time you will heal and let another dog into your life. Good luck.
[notify]
Seela

Beauty and the- Beast

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 5:14am PST 
I am so very sorry for your loss of Scoobie. He died being with a loving family. It would have been horrible for him to die alone in the shelter. Dogs are experts on hiding pain and sickness. It is very hard right now for you and I hope in the future you will consider adopting another older rescue dog. Please don't be discouraged on adopting again. Hugs go out to you and your family. Thanks again for giving this beautiful dog precious loving moments before he passed.
[notify]

Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Tue Aug 28, '12 9:48am PST 
This is so sad cry hug's to you and your family for your loss. Unfortunately without know a dogs history and if he didn't display any problems during his time at the rescue it's hard to detect a problem. I agree, don't write off rescues, they are wonderful and have some amazing dogs that are looking for forever homes. If it weren't for these rescues the dogs wouldn't be around for adoption. Take time to grieve your loss, we're here if you need us. hug
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2