GO!

Fostering 2 Pits

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Momma

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 11:59am PST 
I foster pits for a few rescues and I love it.
I get the normal "oh you have pitbulls" junk, but I just ignore it.
The 2 Im fostering now (Tank & Momma) are 2 of the best dogs that have ever entered my home (& thats been lots)
They are so different, but both are so amazing.
Momma is a "mini" pit and Tank is a big muscle man.
[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Wed Jun 27, '12 12:24pm PST 
That's awesome! I love fostering, too. Pits are overrepresented in shelters and foster homes are sorely needed. I truly believe that dogs in good foster homes do better post adoption. Their foster family gets to know them as individual dogs and can tell potential adopters what they're like to live with. Sometimes all a dog needs is time to learn how to live in a family home again. Pits are great dogs, there are a total of 8 rescued pits in my family circle at the moment. Sweethearts, all.

Good for you on ignoring ignorant comments and thanks for fostering!big grin
[notify]