GO!

One Tiny Dog

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Jezabel- (Jezzie)

The Tiny One

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 4:33am PST 
Well, midnight...at the start of Sunday, our new little rescue girl came home. She is a TINY (about 8 pound) Chihuahua & Min Pin mix. She was saved from a high kill shelter back in September 2011 by a friend of mine in New York, who was originally going to keep her, but finally realized that with 5 dogs, she just couldn't handle them all on top of her full time job, her husband's recent back injury, and two small children. She wanted Jezabel to have a home where she would receive more attention, be able to have more training and time devoted to her.
Originally, my husband and I declined the offer. My husband doesn't like Chihuahuas, she was so little, we couldn't meet her in person before adopting...there were so many obstacles! But it weighed on my mind. She was so cute, her personality was perfect for our family, and I kept going back to her pictures and thinking hard. Finally, we said yes, set up the transport, bring our baby girl home.
It took us a couple of weeks to get transport set up and get everything in place, but she made it home-- an hour an a half behind schedule, haha. The poor little thing had a 15 hour trip (that turned into 16 1/2 hours) but at least she made it.
Her first night at home was horrendous. She was tired and irritable. I tried to give her a good check over, and for my pains, I got bitten a few times (Not hard, no marks, but still...) I finally just left her alone. She slept hard all night, and most of the next day. Late yesterday afternoon, she woke up and WANTED to be held, to be touched, to meet the cats and the dogs. She adores the human kids, is learning to trust my husband (she is man-shy) and began to play late last night. It brought tears to my eyes, I had been feeling so worried, she was so antisocial that I wondered if I had made a mistake! Last night, my fears began to dissipate, but this morning cemented it: I woke up in bed, with her snuggled down right between my SO and I!! It's a fantastic feeling, and was a perfect way to begin my day!
Welcome home Jezzie!!
hi5hi5hi5hi5hi5hi5
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 8:10am PST 
happy dance Yay! Congrats! happy dance
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Mon Jun 4, '12 11:58am PST 
cheerwishes Glad for you both. Thank-you for giving the little one a chance.hug