GO!

How do I get to foster?

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 1:01pm PST 
So I decided I wanted to foster. Yay right? Apparently not. I filled out the foster form for the closest foster group, a little less than 2 hours away. That was a week and a half ago with no reply. I posted twice on their facebook with no reply to MY posts but replies to other people's posts. shrug They have a whole photobook on facebook of dogs needing foster homes! If I'm too far away just tell me, don't ignore me!

I'm lost where to apply to next. Jewel's shelter is about an hour & a half away, probably still too far. There's a shelter about 45 minutes away but I hear bad things about it. I would do breed rescue but I couldn't even FIND a poodle rescue in my province so I'd be asking rescues in other province to let me foster for them. shrug

I guess I'm just frustrated. frown
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed May 9, '12 5:48pm PST 
Jewel, knowing you from the forums that I do I think you would be a wonderful foster for any dog. big grin The only suggestion I can make that you haven't mentioned trying is calling them and speaking to someone who makes these decisions and let them know that you would very much like to help one of the animals posted on their FB page,you have tried e-mail and have not be acknowledged and would like to know why that is. If you are too far away to help them,you could also ask at that time of another group closer to you that could and would use your help. If they don't want someone like you then they just neednaughtynaughtynaughty a few times to knock some sense into them.hughughughugflowersflowersflowersflowerswishes to you.
[notify]
Maci & Harley & Jigar

Golden butts

Barked: Tue May 15, '12 10:05am PST 
I was going to jump in that most rescues are 'short staffed' and it takes awhile for a response but you commented about facebook postings. A lack of response is just rude then in my opinion! I would try calling though...maybe there is a reason shrug

I so badly need foster homes and people wanting to adopt goldens with issues...I scan my email constantly so I can jump on anyone right away LOL
[notify]

Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Tue May 15, '12 12:38pm PST 
I sent an e-mail asking if there was an issue with my form and a woman did get back to me on the 10th. She explained that there used to be three of them looking after foster homes and then two of them quit without notice! So I'm trying really really hard to not pester them now as I'm waiting to hear back if they have a home check person in my area or if they want referances.
[notify]