GO!

So I got a poodle

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  
Zephyr

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 8:03am PST 
...completely accidentally. Long story short she was running down the highway and a few people cornered her in a drain pipe and I was the one who had the leash. She was of course, chip-less, tag and collar-less , filthy and so stuffed with worms she should be oozing them.

I've put signs out and contacted poodle rescue but no one seems to be looking for her. Judging by the state of her belly she was a brood bitch for a lot of years so I'm disinclined to give her back anyway. Severe HW along with every other worm under the sun but her prognosis seems pretty good once she's well enough to take the 'Fast Kill' protocol the vet has set aside for her.

Anyway I've named her Beatrice. She's an older white girl who just waltzed right in and made herself at home. She's not going to feel too fabulous for the next few months but hopefully when all is said and done and she's been spayed and had her tummy tuck, she'll feel like a new dog.

Here is Miss Bea with Zephyr attempting to hog the spotlight. Please forgive the grooming job. I'm bringing her into work where someone with good scissors can make her look presentable.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 8:06am PST 
Zohmygod!! A POODLE!! Yay! cheer Are you gonna keep her?
[notify]
Rolo

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 8:12am PST 
Welcome Bea! So glad you were found by a good soul! big grin

I'm pretty new around here myself.
[notify]

Zephyr

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 8:19am PST 
Until she's better at least. Five/Six dogs is my slow descent into being "that crazy woman with the 40 dogs", but my trainer tells me since 3 of mine are small, two of those are seniors and Bea is likely a Senior that's like only having 3. laugh out loud (He has eight of course, six of whom are seniors who he couldn't find homes for due to health issues/age etc. Owning a kennel helps that I guess).

I'm not sure I believe him but even if I can't keep her there are several friends interested in her (One's a current spoodle owner so bonus) and 'Poodle Rescue' has pre-approved applications in for older standards so she can go somewhere nice regardless.
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 9:58am PST 
A poodle isn't like a dog, it's like a fuzzy roommate! I'm glad you've got lots of places for her to go when she's better. way to go
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 10:28am PST 
Yay! I'm glad ya'll were able to catch her! Zephyr looks totally happy with her, lol. way to go
[notify]
Sirius- Padfoot- Black

Too clever for- Mom's own good!- :)

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 12:13pm PST 
Lucky Miss Bea! There could have been so many worse outcomes for her!

She's a pretty girl, or will be when she's cleaned up....
[notify]
Keira

Mommy's Girl

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 1:15pm PST 
WOOHOO! I always enjoy a good rescue story! cheer You rock for saving her!
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 2:49pm PST 
She actually has a really NICE poodle head, too!!! Good looking girl. Probably half of a doodle business, no doubt.
Glad you saved her!!!
[notify]
UCH Onyx TT,- CGC

Do you even- lift?

Barked: Wed Apr 18, '12 3:10pm PST 
So glad you were able to take her in! Doesn't sound like she would have lasted much longer on her own.

Definitely need more pictures wink
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7