GO!

Found the dog I saw earlier!! XD

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 6:26pm PST 
While I was at work I met a dog that was scrounging around for food, but since I was at work I couldn't do anything and she ran off. (....I snuck a kitten into my classroom before the kids loved it, hahashh ) But I didn't think I could get away with a full-grown dog. wink
Anyhoo, after work I went to my car and the dog was back. I wasn't sure if I should take her, but she didn't have a collar and I wasn't sure if she lived nearby & I didn't want her being picked up by AC, so I opened my car door and she jumped in.
I am pretty certain she has a home somewhere; you could see that she used to have a collar on, she is very friendly to people, seems healthy & at the right weight...but is (was, she had a bath) very dirty and smelled like a sewer! Has fleas too. confused Have to run to Walmart to get some flea stuff since my vet is closed. As soon as I can I will take her to the vet to be checked for a chip. I've put ads up online for her & tomorrow after work I'll start putting up some flyers & see if anyone is looking for her.
I hope I find her home soon, she did not like Twister (who is being a whiner-butt wanting to meet her) so I def. can not keep her. She's been whining a lot too, I think she misses her family. frown Right now though she's passed out on a comfy chair. smile
I think she is a husky/retriever mix but I'm not sure. Here's a link to a pic, I tried to figure out how to do the roll-over link but it hates me. frown

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3368183174623.139307.1 570513383&type=1&l=0f2257143e
[notify]
Hannah - ADOPTED!!

Waiting for my- forever home

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 7:06pm PST 
Here are some more pictures, these are after her bath.

found dog

one blue eye and one brown eye

tired dog
[notify]
Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Apr 16, '12 7:41pm PST 
Thanks for taking her in. If I were you, I would at least file a found dog report with AC, even if you don't want to take her there AC is the first place people are going to look for their dog. Some areas also have facebook pages where you can post lost and found dogs. Don't forget to post her on craigslist!

I really hope you can find her family!
[notify]

Twister

Love me.

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 6:07am PST 
Thanks Sarah.
I put her on craigslist last night, and I will call AC today (haven't been able to do much yet because of work). I'll work on the flyers today & after work I'm going to drive around where I found her and see if anyone put up missing posters. I hope I find her family soon (and that her family is looking for).
[notify]
Savannah- Blue Belle

A Heart of Gold!

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 6:50am PST 
oh, what a beauty!
[notify]
Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 7:47am PST 
People also contact the police dept looking for lost dogs. Might be a good idea to let them know, too. She is a cutie!
[notify]
Twister

Love me.

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 9:32am PST 
No worries! big grin My sister was able to leave a notice at the animal shelter before she left on a trip, and they were able to get my info to her owners! I'm glad they were actively looking for her. She called me, and we are meeting at a park after work at 5:30. hamster dance
[notify]
Nukka

Nukka- Play with me!!

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 10:32am PST 
GREAT!!!
[notify]
Henry Miller

He's a tramp,- but they love- him!

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '12 1:52pm PST 
Awesome!!!!!! Good job!
[notify]
Jewel, PCD