GO!

Hi guys! Looking for advice/rescources

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Gunner

Gunna get \'em!

Barked: Wed Mar 14, '12 8:02pm PST 
So I am working with a red Doberman (originally obtained for $2000) that has been mistreated, neglected, has a broken leg, and nine 4-week old pups. While Momma is full Doberman, the girl who rescued her is doing everything she can to keep them out of the shelter (who said they will eutinize her and pups on the spot). I have tried all the Doberman rescues within a 14 hour radius of her and some beyond tht. I've tried numerous other rescues who won't take 9 four-week old, Doberman/lab and possibly pit mixed pups. They won't take the pups, all-breed rescues won't take the pups, some won't even take her. I'm just worn out from trying tires ur her and I'm totally not ready to give up yet.

I really don't know what to do anymore.

Help? Any advice?
[notify]
MIKA&KAI

Akita Pals- Always.

Barked: Wed Mar 14, '12 9:03pm PST 
hughughughughug To you Gunner. Wish I could help. Our local shelter is high kill and unlikely to take them. Wish I still had connections interested in the breed but it has been 30 years. Have you talked to any pittie rescues?
Fingers and paws crossed for you,hugs and prayers for you and the pups.big hugwisheswisheswisheswisheswishes and Thank-you for all you do.
[notify]
Dunlop

Dunlop-named for- the rider not- the tyer

Barked: Sun Mar 25, '12 9:34pm PST 
Any way you can get in contact with the person who produced Mum? If so what was the response?
[notify]

Sarah,- CW-SR,- CW-G1, CGC

Million Dollar- Mutt

Barked: Mon Mar 26, '12 8:08am PST 
Try Illinois Doberman Rescue Plus- http://www.ildoberescue.com/

They're a pretty big rescue and they've taken in some tough cases. If they can't help you, hopefully they can point you in the right direction.
Good luck!!
[notify]