GO!

Rescued Another Lil Guy!

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Todd

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '12 5:21am PST 
My wife and I just adopted a lil 4 year old Pomeranian. My friend had him and could not afford to get him medical care. I took him to the vet and he has an environmental allergy, a yeast infection, bacterial infection and no hair on his back from scratching. I have him on medication now and had his vaccinations updated. Now the sad part. Since I got him 3 days ago my wife and sons allergies have been horrible. The vet said I cannot put anything on him for at least 4 weeks because his skin is in such bad condition. Any Ideas? If not I might have to find another home for the little guy! cry
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '12 10:08am PST 
Putting anything on him is not going to help your family anyway. I've found that with time, many people develop an immunity to their own pets. Could your wife and kids try taking Zyrtec once a day for a month or so and see how it goes? In addition, I would vacuum at least weekly and consider getting one of those room air purifiers and also a metal air filter for your a/c that collects more dander and is reusable. Wash any blankets the dog has been on weekly as well. For your sake and the Pom's, try using cleaners and detergents with no dyes or scents.
[notify]
Todd

Barked: Sun Mar 11, '12 10:23am PST 
My son is 2 so we have him on childrens claritin but its not helping. I think the real problem is the dog has no hair on his back from itching so the dander just flies up into the air.
[notify]

Angel Lou

Everybody wants- to be a...DOG!- not a CAT

Barked: Fri Apr 20, '12 12:45pm PST 
Childrens Allegra works better than Claritanway to go

Give it a try
[notify]