GO!

Horrible Beginning But A Happy Ending for Tripawd

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Henry H.- Hound

Where\'s The- Kitty?

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 9:46am PST 
Two days ago, my boyfriend walked outside to get something from the carport. When he opened the door, there was a 4 month old Golden Retriever puppy with half of his leg missing. He came in and woke me up telling me that we had an injured dog outside. Looking at the injury, you could tell that it was over a week old.

I walked out and I instantly recognized the puppy, from his collar. This puppy was from up the road about 5 miles. I used to see the puppy playing in the road when I drive by going home from work. I told Mike so. While I was telling him, tears were streaming down my face because of the suffering the little guy endured.

Mike loaded the puppy in the truck and took him right away to our vet's office. My vet told us that he would have to have his front leg amputated. It would cost $250 to have the procedure done. Mike told them to give him some pain meds and he would call back since we knew who the dog belonged to. He would call in a little bit to let them know if they could go ahead with the procedure.

On his way back, he saw the owner of the puppy outside his house. Mike stopped and asked the guy if he was missing his Golden Retriever Puppy. The man stated that two weeks ago, the puppy got hit by a car (on a Friday) and he tried to doctor him at the house because no vet's were open. (obvious lie since my vet is open on Saturday's and will come to your house in emergency situations. My vet is located 1/2 mile from this man's house. He stated that he ran away.... Not once did he act concerned how his puppy was. It was all Mike could do not to hit this guy. The man finally admitted that he drove the puppy out our way and dumped him off. Hoping that he would become prey for another animal! Mike informed him that he would not have to worry about the puppy. That he now had a new home with us. That we would pay the money for the procedure. Called out vet in front of him and gave the go ahead...

I called a friend of mine who is the animal control officer in the town where the puppy is from. Explained the situation, the injuries etc... The man will be charged with animal cruelty and neglect.... Pictures were taken at the vet and my vet provided a statement...

We named the little one Tripawd. He comes home tonight. I am so excited to have him.

Please give him a warm welcome. I will post some pictures tonight when I get him home.

Edited by author Thu Mar 8, '12 9:50am PST

[notify]
Lucille

I am the Sock- Bandit!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 9:52am PST 
Hearbreaking...thanks to you and your hubby for doing what is right by this pup. He's so lucky to have found you. I'm sorry it had to happen in such a dreadful fashion, but with a former owner like that...well, he'll lead a much happier, healthier life with you.hug

Congratulations on your new family member!hug
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 9:58am PST 
Thankyou SO much....

This beautiful boy is going to have a wonderful life with you !

I hope they hang the EX owner out to dry... and best I dont say with what and by what.

Thankyou both for being Earth Angels.

Please DO keep us updated !

hughughughughughughughughughughug

Flicka ∆,,∆ & Lucas /..| Cleo (I.M.) ∆,,∆ & Pam X
[notify]

Twister

Love me.

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 10:45am PST 
Thank you for helping the pup when he needed it most!!flowers
People like that astound me; that is so cruel, I would never trust a person with that kind of attitude.naughty
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Mar 8, '12 5:37pm PST 
Keep your eye on that neighbor...most likely he will get another puppy pretty soon and you can pretty much expect the same treatment.
Thanks for helping and providing a permanent home and treatment for this poor guy!!!
I am glad your guy talked to the previous owner...I might have not just talked to him!!!
[notify]