GO!

My dog has bitten again! Should he be rehomed or not?

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

(Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4  
Sabi

When the night- closes in I will- be there

Barked: Sun Apr 15, '12 7:35pm PST 
The first way to deal with these dogs is to carry out the ignore for 5 mins when you come into the room or house.Whatever the dog does!Don't make eye contact. It makes sense to me as we have had 'jumping up dogs' in the past and I believe we could have stopped them with this.

There is a huge difference between a poorly behaved dog and a dog that is aggressive to humans. Ignoring an attack is dangerous.
As a number of us have stated some dogs are just wired wrong. If there is blame to be laid it rests squarely on the shoulders of people who breed poor quality dogs that are unstable.

OP I hope you know that you did far more then most people would have. You gave a dog with no chance a wonderful life in a loving home.
[notify]
  (Page 4 of 4: Viewing entries 31 to 31)  
1  2  3  4