GO!

Found Howard and he now lives with me and my dogs.....

This is a special section for dogs needing new homes and for inspiring stories of dogs that have found their furever home through Dogster or through the love and energy of rescuers. This is also the place to discuss shelters, rescue organizations, rescue strategies, issues, solutions, etc. and how we can all help in this critical endeavor. Remember that we are all here for the love of dog! If you are posting about a dog that needs a new home, please put your location in the topic of your thread so those close by can find you! Make sure to check out Dogster's dog adoption center!

Grunt

It's me GRUNT!

Barked: Sun Jan 8, '12 4:55pm PST 
He's as cute as can be. The owners just flat refused to come pick him up and it's like they were never looking for him. He's a Shih Tzu and my three are also. The problem, Howard fights with my male who is 14 and has one eye. The fight got horrible tonight and Howard had to be literally flung because he had Grunt by the neck. I don't know what to do. He's been here over a month now so I thought it'd calm down. There are days when things are fine and then all of the sudden Howard pounces.
[notify]
Fritz

Fritz, cats are- fun when they- run

Barked: Mon Jan 16, '12 7:40am PST 
Start by separating them. It can be as simple as one in the crate or other room while the other is out.

Classical conditioning can be used to help them feel good about seeing each other. I doubt it will get better without intervention, good luck.
[notify]
Grunt

It's me GRUNT!

Barked: Sat May 19, '12 7:01pm PST 
Thankfully they just finally decided to get along. Howard is so cute and he's a sweet little boy so I'm thrilled.
[notify]