GO!

Don't know where to start!!

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Tue Oct 22, '13 5:03pm PST 
It's been so long since Sadie and I been on here a few months to be honest. We have made big steps in our lives and got a Van and it will have handicap plates. I have been at the Motor vehical off all day and only got half the paper work done. The guy who sold it to me has to redo the sales paper. But now I have a vehical that I can take sadie in and no one can say "NO..."

Edited by author Tue Oct 22, '13 5:06pm PST

[notify]
Samson

Barked: Tue Oct 22, '13 5:08pm PST 
Congrats on the van. I will add you getting the papers and other details worked out to my prayer list. Please let me know how it works out!
At my next appt, I am going to talk to my doc about handicapped plates. Do you have any words of advice to share?
God Bless,
Zippo and Samson's human,
ChrisAnne
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue Oct 29, '13 10:50am PST 
I had the cards for a while and when I went in to get the rest of the paper work done they asked me. Since I did have the cards before, but had the problem of keeping track of them and was in there every 3 months for replacements, I guess it was logical to have the plates. Since I was getting new ones for my new van any way.
I have a lot of people willing to do body work and a new paint job too.
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Nov 6, '13 5:36am PST 
Its been a while since I last posted we have been quite busy a couple bumps but Sadie and I are on the road together and loving it. We took our fist long trip together 6 hrs. in a car. She got sick but it has been a long time since that has happen and she had been in the car for a wile. We did not take our van all the way down on this long trip but was in a friends car. We was ok since he had a blanket on the seat.
A few other bumps were my nephew asking that I not have her with me and I told him my vehical and I will be taking her. I need her to get use to traveling now. This was one of the reason I was getting the van. We are still working on that as we go.
[notify]
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Sat Nov 9, '13 8:21pm PST 
Hey Sadie, Bella has the same problems with getting car sick now and then but I have found two things that help. One keep a crate in the back of the van for her to lay in and keep calm in. And the other thing is dont feed her for about five hours before you travel. That way she doesnt get car sick. Bella gets car sick if I goof up and feed her before we go on road trips. I hope this helps also you can give her gingersnap cookies to help settle her tummy. But I would say use one of the plastic crates. Put a blanket or sheet or even a bed in it so that it will be an easy clean up.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Thu Nov 14, '13 3:53pm PST 
Thanks Bella I accually have one of those lite portable ones for her that I had bought thinking I had someone that would let her travel with me. she is good in it and I was able to also buy a new dog bed for it too at good will. I also know of the not feeding part and did not do that, but I guess she found something to nibble on with out me knowing it. she was ok till the last leg of the ride on the way back. Right before we were going to stop to see my mom. She gave us some paper towels and told Sadie it was ok and she was sorry she got sick. (my mom loves sadie )
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Dec 7, '13 3:57pm PST 
It is that time of the year I guess I am not out shopping thank GOD!
Though it is still depressing and I am not sure what I am doing for X-mas.
Good chance I will be with my son up country. Sadie did well inspite she has not been around children that much since I have had her. Though the other day she did something shocking that I am not sure why. ( not going to say what it was)
She is doing better now though.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Dec 7, '13 3:58pm PST 
It is that time of the year I guess I am not out shopping thank GOD!
Though it is still depressing and I am not sure what I am doing for X-mas.
Good chance I will be with my son up country. Sadie did well inspite she has not been around children that much since I have had her. Though the other day she did something shocking that I am not sure why. ( not going to say what it was)
She is doing better now though.
[notify]
Queen- Belladonna- PSDiT

I'm a Queen who- works like a- pesant

Barked: Sun Dec 8, '13 10:43am PST 
I know the feeling of not being out and about this time of year. My hubby and I took my son and my great niece and ran out to the local store a couple weeks ago and left Tank and Bella at home because we were going out after dog food and needed the space to put the feed. By the time we got done I was wishing that I had Bella with me because of all the people. I was shaking so hard I almost dropped my keys.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon Jan 6, '14 10:30am PST 
My life has been a sea saw of ovents form my son coming home form being in jail, to
making plans to move in with my younger son and his family. So we are all buying a house together now and that is also a long process. I will be moving up state to a place that has the public tranportation I sorta am nerves and excited about. in the spring if we are not already moving to a house we are buying I will be transporting my sec.8 housing up that way. My fish are going to be the biggest problem for a move. But I feel it is what I need to do. Sadie will be a lil over welmed I am sure cause she is use to a small town setting that dose not have that much traffic. But she has been on the a bus before. I am both as I said anktions and excited about this move. Right now we have been again hibernating cause of the weather and tranportation is not good again. We will be back on the road though as soon as spring is in bloom. This starting and stopping though is the thing I have trouble about and my illnesses are getting the better of me if it is not one thing it is another. Moving is always a trama for me and a stress even though I want to do it and have to do it, I still find it a delema and over welming. I can understand your
reaction to leaving your dog behind is not a good feeling Tank and Bella's mom It never goes well for me either.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2