GO!

Does anybody else have a child with an SD

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Diesel

Barked: Sun Oct 20, '13 10:14pm PST 
My 15 y/o daughter has an OT SD. I think we are kind of in a unique situation, especially in our area. My daughter's SD partner alerts to seizures, helps her with balance/walking mobility, memory assist, and keeps her safe (away from stairs, out of traffic) after a seizure if she is confused. She seizes from 0-20+ times a day, which has caused major anxiety in public. We are new (6 months in) to how to handle the public, potentially embarrassing situations, and other common issues. We really feel like we are "going it alone" a lot. There are no SD groups in our area. Our trainer and behavioralist are awesome. We just need general guidance from some people that are familiar with the different things we are facing too. Diesel has saved her life in so many ways, and we are SOOOOOO glad they found each other. Any help is greatly appreciated hail
[notify]
Skipper

SDiT

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 9:56am PST 
I'm training a SD for my son but she's only a SDiT so haven't been where you've been yet but I just wanted you to know you're not alone.
[notify]
Diesel

Barked: Wed Oct 23, '13 4:51pm PST 
Thanks Skipper! It is nice to know that we aren't alone out there happy dance. Sometimes it does get a bit lonely.
[notify]