GO!

Help with handling rude, confrontational people

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Barked: Thu Oct 17, '13 5:56pm PST 
I'm sure that this has probably been addressed in another thread. My 15 y/o daughter's SD is a 2 y/o pit bull/GSD mix. He is obviously not a "traditional" SD type, and we knew going in that could cause it's own issues. Diesel alerts/responds to seizures, does some pretty extensive balance assistance, and memory aid. He wears an "unconventional"harness for the balance and mobility assistance. We have had trouble with very rude confrontational types in public once in a while. I want to be able to help my daughter deal with these people effectively and concisely, without being rude ourselves. Any suggestions. My kiddo also has severe social anxiety, so I do a lot of the talking. Thanks for the help in advance!
[notify]