GO!

Teenage Angst

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Levi

PSDiT

Barked: Sat Aug 31, '13 7:42pm PST 
How did you survive the "teenage years" and the inevitable teenage angst that came along with them with your SDiT? How did you keep training through the craziness?
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Sun Sep 1, '13 1:01pm PST 
The teen years are a nightmare. I find that when my youngsters are having those days where they just can't think I go back to the beginning and train like they don't have a clue what's going on. Or if your teens brain is up to handling it I will do obedience patterns. It pretty much amounts to taking it day by day and waiting them out.
[notify]
Mali

Mali Woo

Barked: Thu Sep 5, '13 7:21pm PST 
Happy hit the nail on the head... ride through it. They don't last forever... though the larger the breed the longer they tend to last.
[notify]