GO!

Seems to be a lot of Bad info on service dogs.

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Gabey

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 1:41pm PST 
You know, on this forum there aren't a lot of people who don't understand what a service dog is and if they make themselves known they are educated quite quickly.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 2:17pm PST 
actually i found the last bit helpful and informative, i didn't know that the animal could be removed from a premise if it behavior was regarded as a danger. i figured if it was a service they couldn't deny you for any reason. explains why a woman around here has been kicked out of many festivals and bared from going with her dog. it's attacked several horses at the outdoor events that are preforming. including pulling her down to do so, when it's supposed to be helping her with her balance issues.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 2:27pm PST 
One sheet I often give to businesses can be found at:

Revised ADA Requirements: Service Animals
http://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
[notify]

Rambo

Spoiled Rotten!

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 3:00pm PST 
To me misuse of the term service dog is like the misuse of handicap parking.
It hurts those who truly are.
If this upsets some, I am truly sorry.
[notify]
Rambo

Spoiled Rotten!

Barked: Tue Aug 13, '13 3:00pm PST 
To me misuse of the term service dog is like the misuse of handicap parking.
It hurts those who truly are.
If this upsets some, I am truly sorry.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 8:07am PST 
I agree since I also have one of those though I know others who need one and dose not get one.
I am doing a lot better now that I have been working on better health and fitness.
But i still need my service dog and I feel it helps her too for me to have one.
[notify]