GO!

Excitement!

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 5:25pm PST 
No one seems to really 'get' my excitement, so I thought I'd share it here. Tomorrow, I will get to see pictures of my dog for the first time! He was being trained at a different facility but was too laid back for their job (not sure what it was), and luckily my trainer found him and thought he was a great fit! I won't get to meet him for a few more weeks, but it still feels like a big step after many months of searching. Plus I can stop referring to him as "the dog" since I will actually know his name. Also looking forward to a couple of trips to a pet store to get supplies. Yay!
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 8:04pm PST 
Congratulations. It is always exciting to be one step closer in such a long journey.
[notify]
RidgeRunner

Seeley, CGC- (SDiT)

Barked: Thu Jul 18, '13 8:37pm PST 
Congratulations! Revel in this moment snoopy Keep us posted!
[notify]

Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Fri Jul 19, '13 5:08am PST 
Congratulations and enjoy shopping! This is a special time.

And welcome!
[notify]
August

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 12:42pm PST 
Thanks guys! He is a 2 year old lab/golden mix named August. Now comes the difficulty of waiting!
[notify]
Mattie

True Grit in a- harness

Barked: Sat Jul 20, '13 1:29pm PST 
A goldendor AWESOME!!! There were three in my class at Leader dogs. They seemed great and bonded quickly.

I remember dog day I was sitting in my room trying to avoid pacing the room I was so excited. I heard the sounds of clicking nails on the floor but, not mine. I got more and more excited the longer I sat there. Then my trainer came in and told me that my dog's name was Hershey. I said let me guess its a black lab. Nope. She went and brought me my dog and I was greeted by a chocolate lab. I was so happy.
My second dog day went different. I was approached about Mattie then I got to go groom my precious Golden retriever which I think helped the bonding process with me and her. When she was brought into the room she ran up to me and knocked me down licking me all over. It was so wonderful! I know you'll love your dog day too congrats!!!snoopy
[notify]
Zippo

Brilliant,- Beautiful Boxer

Barked: Sun Jul 21, '13 7:50am PST 
Awesome. Please share pics when you can.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun Jul 21, '13 11:11am PST 
I am so happy for you...
When I was looking for a dog it was hard for me to find one right off.
So I am happy you were able to have found one that meets your needs.
[notify]
August

Barked: Mon Jul 22, '13 4:58pm PST 
Thank you everyone! Here is a little album of pictures of my guy. All photo credit to Darkwood Dog Training in Nashville, TN.

http://imgur.com/a/mv7IK#0
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Thu Jul 25, '13 6:49pm PST 
He is very hansome dog Congradulation!!!!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2