GO!

My GSD therapy dog was shot in his fenced yard by an officer

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Vinny - Therapy Dog

If U can't- destroy it then- get help

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 8:07pm PST 
Vinny was shot by an officer in his own yard on the 17th
I wanted to invite everyone to visit my boy Vinny's page at facebook for the full story...

He is recovering from surgery to remove the bullet yesterday...

Our hearts are breaking that this could happen to our sweet boy and therapy dog in his own home.

The officer was at the wrong location.

Please visit him at

https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForVinny?fref=ts

This could happen to any of us and it has to be stopped
[notify]
Pepper

Got food? I- can be bought ya- know....

Barked: Sat Jun 22, '13 10:26pm PST 
So sorry this happened.
I hope he recovers completely.

? The officer was alone???
Since when is a Texas police officer serving a warrant, go without back up?
Fishy?
[notify]
Vinny - Therapy Dog

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 7:41am PST 
and what officer walks into a fenced yard with child and dog toys everywhere???
I am still in shock
[notify]

Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 9:52am PST 
The news articles say that the officer knocked on the door. Wouldn't you all have heard that and answered the door if he had??

These stories are sad and I hope Vinny recovers with no lasting ill effects from the incident. I also hope that your grandson is able to over come what happened.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 1:03pm PST 
I have been hearing about a lot of these incedents when I started looking online for SD work.
Most of them were about Bull dog breeds. But I think that it goes for any breed now.
I am so sad for you and hope he recovers soon and with no ill defects form it. It pisses me off that these day they don't train police better.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 2:02pm PST 
I hope your dog heals quickly and completely and is not so traumatized to avoid being able resume his job as a therapy dog to the people who need him.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 4:06pm PST 
hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughugwishes
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 3:50pm PST 
Dito here too Iris as I said in my last post I don't understand the disrespect of SD and therapy dogs.
[notify]
Kali

She's game for- anything that's- fun.

Barked: Mon Jun 24, '13 6:34pm PST 
Can we have an update on Vinny? Hope he's doing well.hug
[notify]
Vinny - Therapy Dog

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 4:12pm PST 
Good afternoon all,
First I would like to apologize for our lack of communication... Since Vinny's surgery to have the bullet removed we have all been focusing on his care as well as getting a bit of rest.
Vinny pulled out his tubes but thanks to my daughter Val's efforts we are keeping it very clean and it is still draining well.
Vinny still has a long road to travel until he is back up and running but as long as we can keep the infection away, we are looking forward to many more happy years with our boy.
We want to thank everyone for their support and for your kind thoughts and well wishes in this difficult time.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2