GO!

The Dating Game ....

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 6:28am PST 
This question is veared toward the singles out there that Use Service dogs. I have been joining and am a part of groups,social group and dating sites. Dating sights can be IFy at the least point and sexually motivated. I am wondering if single people here have issues with potential date and your SD? I wondering if you make sure you put in your Profile that you use a SD? Being a single woman I choose to be very discreat and careful about my personal info. But I also want to make sure in no sercomstances that I will not get close to anyone who can't except my SD. (or any pets I have) How do you deal with dates who are not supportive or too friendly with your SD. If you happen to find someone that fits you how do you work through the process of working through the beginnings of the relationship? Please tell me what you are comfortable with your process...
[notify]
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 8:05am PST 
I snagged myself a very, very loving and caring (and handsome) SO who worked as security on my own building. To be honest I didn't say Baby was for me until a while down the road -- I didn't want my disability to define me. My SO was under the impression that I was training him for someone else. Once I felt more open and he knew *me* (not my disability) better I told him the truth. By the time I told him I figured I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret much longer; he was coming over a lot and I had to take my meds in the bathroom, I'm not very good at being discrete though. It became more and more obvious as we spent more time together that I had something. My disability isn't always apparent when I have my SD with me. Baby helps me get out of sight when I start to have dissociation or he does a good job preventing it. Many of his other tasks are pretty discrete too.

I'm not sure if you have a visible disability or how "discrete" yours is, but in my case it many people just assume the dog is for someone else (without me saying anything).

We do not deserve to be judged before we speak which is what happens a lot to persons with disabilities, I do not want my disability to be all that someone sees.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 6:14pm PST 
Most all mine are invisable Even the actual medical one on top of the mental ones. I can't help but be honest I don't consider it to be baggage but some may. Why hide something that is going to make itself present any how? I just feel I am playing head game by not saying anything and I am not that sort. For the most part though I pretty much go with if they don't ask then I don't tell.
But though it is physical and mental as well as medical I know that it will show up some how.
I put it in my profile as I use a Service dog I don't really say what is wrong. I leave it up to the person responding to my post on the date site. I have a picture of Sadie and I but she is not in her vest. Most people show their pets and pet people seek out other pet people.
I am 50 I have really no time to beat around the bush. I make it very clear in my
Profile she is not a pet.
[notify]

Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Tue May 21, '13 7:19pm PST 
Then it looks like you have your answer.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Thu May 23, '13 7:24am PST 
I am just wondering Chaplin since a lot of people have said things about family and sinificate others
sometimes have issues about their SDs. I have put it out there for anyone interested in dating me that I have a SD and all that so far no one like mr right is knocking on my door. LOL
But I just would like to hear some stories form others and what they do with their dates when the issues of their SD comes up. How they handle it and etc.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri May 31, '13 3:40am PST 
LOL I am redesighning my post on the web site I use for my dating finding site. Lost a lot of hits since I have been doing this guess being honest dose not always work on these things. I have wondered some if any of you singles out there have gone to something like that ? What have you thought ?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Jun 7, '13 11:47am PST 
I am not going to ruin it but I think there is someone that I might like and he may be a match for me. WE will see cause he has a pet dog and Sadie is a SD. SO wish me luck people lol...
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 3:18pm PST 
Still not getting to 1st base reading about new ways to tell your date about major
things in your life.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Jun 21, '13 7:16pm PST 
Still looking for dates online...
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Jun 23, '13 1:33pm PST 
I feel as though I am shopping for a man some times but what do you call it. I just feel I need to move on and start slow and really get to know someone online before I just hunker down with just anyone. I have Sadie on my profile at this website for dating. I just hope I will find that one person that can be a part of my life....
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2