GO!

Those of you that trim your dog's hair for summer are there more access problems?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Sat May 4, '13 9:44am PST 
Chaplin's boiling, and I know in the end what matters is his well-being and comfort even if I get a few more access challenges. He will be getting the breed standard lion cut. I'm wondering if you think it will cause us more problems though? Even with the general public. When I go out with Baby it doesn't help that he's pretty so will it be even worse if my dog has a goofy cut?

Swims a lot on his down time otherwise I'd say just clip it all short to at least its even but the water is still rather chilly and I'd rather he kept his vitals warm out there.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat May 4, '13 5:00pm PST 
Not sure what you mean but I had a Pic./Lab mix and he had long hair and I felt he was better off clipped in summer. but he was not a SD either. For him it was healthyer....
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 9:05pm PST 
you shouldn't have to worry about a lion cut.

I heard from a friend that people thought her black poodle was a sheep when she shaved off his top knot and ears, and won't ever shave his ears again now that they've grown back.

Also Bracelets (not a relevant for your breed) don't make the dog any hotter/cooler by leaving them on/taking them off.
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 5:41am PST 
I know how that is on that my mom suggest I clip my two pet dogs when they were alive and they seemed cooler cause they were long haired breeds.
I had a sheep once and I realized she needed a clipping too and just did not know how so I called a man that did that and raised sheep since I just had the one he only charged me 20 $ that was cool.
I found that is I had a chance to have a farm again though I love sheep I will not get another one.
She was a good sheep though and my goat and her made a fun pair lol.
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 8:23am PST 
Charged you onl$20 but did he take the wool too? wink big laugh

IF your dogs were anything other than poodles, Bichons, PWDs or similar breeds it did them much more harm to be shaved than to keep their insulating undercoat and heat shielding topcoat. Double coated breeds (which are most breeds even including some "short"coated breeds) are not to be shaved. But with PWDs like the OP's dog and Poodles etc. It's ok because their coat is different.
[notify]
Homie

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 2:58pm PST 
I'm completely off topic, but I was wondering where you got Chaplin's harness?
[notify]
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 3:38pm PST 
It's a freedom design harness. The owner of the company is trying to find someone to take over so they have a limited income of the harnesses. You can also request a top pouch to carry things (it velcros to where the blue disabled patch it), I hear they're have a decent amount of space. Once a blue one comes in we will order ours. The patches are from ebay. Here is his email address:
freedomdesignusa@earthlink.net

Looks like a lion cut it is.
[notify]
Homie

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 5:44pm PST 
Chaplin, thanks for the info!
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 7:08am PST 
on that thought I would say I got my patches on Ebay too as well as a new harness for Sadie I wanted her harness to match her new BOC so I got a pull harness that would match I am looking at OUTWARD Bound packs that is 44 $ those are a lil pricey for me the freedom one I am thinking.
I just feel I can do a lil better. I need a harness that has a rubber handle and goes a cross rather then down the back most everything goes down the back rather a cross. OOh I am not saying that his is not good I just wanted to add this on cause I re read it and it sounded a lil snotty. Sorry Chaplin! I just was looking though at the freedom harnesses a few days ago cause I was thinking to do what I was thinking as to buying a harness that she can use to pull her cart. and I found one a lot cheaper.
But like you I like to buy my patches on Ebay. TONS cheaper and
I am trying to pinch those pennies lol...

Edited by author Tue May 7, '13 7:17am PST

[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Tue May 7, '13 3:35pm PST 
I look forward to seeing a photo of Chaplin in the new 'do, if you are so inclined. : )
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2