GO!

potty time

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Zoey

SDit

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 12:53pm PST 
I have not been taking Zoey out as much as I probably should (just about two times a week, and doing a lot of work at home on tasks.) Not that I think I'm doing this wrong; but I like to know what other teams do/think is best.

Q: how offin do you let your SD go potty?

Q: how do you pick appropriate place for your SD to go potty?

Q: then what do you do with the bag? (outside garbage-can, is were I put mine. I hope that's right)red face

Q: also is it best to use scented bags or not?

The main reason I'm asking is because I hate doing things wrong. I know its a bit weird of a question but its been bugging me, thanks for sharing your opinions happy dance
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 4:11pm PST 
I let Iris potty every two to three hours. We live in an apartment, so she has to be walked when she's not on duty.

When she's on duty, I make sure she gets a brief break every two to three hours.

She eats and poops on a schedule, so unless she's ill, I know when to expect it. I throw the bags away in outside garbage cans or the local dumpsters in my apartment complex. I don't use outside garbage cans that are in areas where food is served, for example.

Iris prefers grass, dirt, wood chips, or gravel, but will use other surfaces if necessary. We worked on substrate preferences early on.

I hope this was helpful.
[notify]
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 4:31pm PST 
thanks iris that was very helpful snoopy
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Wed Apr 24, '13 7:15pm PST 
Sadie has a run and on her own she won't go while out and a bout she waits till we get home.
I do have her trained to go on command too though I have not done that since she has had her runner. I was a lil apprehensive about that since I had dogs all my life and it sounded silly.
My mom had her poodle trained to go on command and I was a lil amused about it and thought it silly that you would train a dog to go on command. Anyway I have fallowed that suit when I found that it was actually reasonably the right thing to do. On occations it accutually comes in handy.
[notify]