GO!

What should I have said?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 12:03pm PST 
I think we should think out the box and support those who need a SDs. Ed. people and support is what we should be doing for others. Judging is going to only make more people want to break the Laws. I try to do that and I don't like that I have to read about how people judge others for how they think. I just spent time trying to get in to the complex were my son lives and I told them I had a SD and that she was a bully breed. I did exsplain that she was a Medical everyday need.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 10:27pm PST 
Thinking outside the box is what got my husband and I thinking and working with Tank to get him to do his behaviors. When it got to the point after he was over 50 pounds that picking him up to put him in our vehicle got rough on my back I started just playing with him and reinforcing his paws up command. Soon this new command came from teaching him to stand on his back paws with his paws on a chair or the bumper of the vehicle. I taught him with a treat in one hand and a clicker in the other and told him "Step up" then slowly it went to "Step up" and "All the way" I just never thought he would ever have to use it till we took him in for his rabies shot and heart worm test. He was 68 pounds then and that was the 3 of this month. His sister thinks that she can do anything he does and do it better. Its funny to watch while we are out walking.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 12:14pm PST 
Yeah I have to do that with sadie soon the heart worm test thing.
I am not sure when you give the worm meds after or before they are infected I am always confused at that or to have test done. My vet did not think it nessasary but all the stuff is out there saying you should. I am sorry I am not trying to go off subject here I am just muddling about the idea of the heart worm thing Tank was taking about. I feel that a lot of people are not looking at the bigger picture here we are here to help and support one another is why I gave the guy at wal-mart this site addy. It is just a simple thing to get her in to working with her dog as a SDiT since it is doing that work any way and she can feel better that she is a part of a bigger group.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3