GO!

Cleaning your SD when you come back home?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 5:16pm PST 
My boys like to sleep in bed with me but as I was sitting on the el I realized how much debris and grossness there is all around us. What do you do to clean off your pup when you're done for the day?
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 5:26pm PST 
We start and end the day with a brushing. Whenever she comes into the house, she gets her paws wiped. If we've been out in the city, I clean her paws with a warm wet cloth when we get home.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 15, '13 6:53pm PST 
I bath Sadie twice a week she is a dog that gets dry skin other wise. I also use a condition for same reason. I am not a big neat freak nor am I a germafobe. I am not saying all you are but I am not over clean absessive. I don't want to make it harder on her if she got dryed skin. I am working on getting her doggie booties then I would not have to worry so much about exsessive muddy paws, not that have a lot of worry there. It just would cut down the dirt on the floors.
[notify]

Chief- Majestix the- Impeccable

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 9:43am PST 
We brush daily, bath every week.
When we get back from hospital visits, trains, bart, anything that is "unsanitary", I give him a bath shrug
I don't mind sand or natural "dirt" so much.. Chief's coat is easy. All the dirt falls off naturally.
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 4:55pm PST 
Okay now I'm a little OCD....smile I use baby wipes, like they are going out of style! I also use the waterless shampoos. I brush daily and bathe every 3 to 4 weeks...depending on how gross I think her underside is lol.
[notify]
Isaac

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 11:13pm PST 
If he's really dirty, I give him a bath. If he just has dirty feet or something, I wipe him off with a wet cloth.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Wed Apr 17, '13 12:10pm PST 
Oh I forgot lol... I did not count Brushing Sadie loves to be brushed and I did not really think it counted as part of cleaning. I brush her often like a few times a day or at the least twice a day and bathe her twice a week.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 6:53pm PST 
It has been pretty muddy now but it is drying up fast here in maine. I try to keep Sadie bathed at least twice a week. I see that she is clean most of the time. I guess that the fact she has no fleas that is the best thing to see and I have not had to deal with a tick either that I have noticed.
She has had her shots for most everything my vet felt she would need. Sadie has short fur so keeping her clean is pretty easy. It is one reason I picked her breed.
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Sun May 5, '13 9:02pm PST 
I use a force air dryer to get dust of Voltaire each day, it keeps him cleaner longer. You'd be surprised at what gets picked up in a day or so, and if it sat on him he would get soo dirty.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon May 6, '13 5:35am PST 
I don't think I could get away with that on Sadie Voltair so I am thinking about that spray bath stuff that they have for in between her bath twice a week I have had no complaints to her being dirt form anyone. As matter fact I have had nothing but complaments form people as matterfact I had a really good complament on Sadie just yesterday telling me that she was better behaved then someone elses dog that they were related too.LOL I thought that was cool. Cause when she is off leash she dose behave like a wild dog lol. She got up set too yesterday when someone with a pet dog a beautiful Auzie dog growled at her. The guy had her off leash too... but it was fairly well be haved other then that and sadie calmed down quickly. We were out side a store not inside so I think that is ok. Though I guess it could have been a lil up setting if the dog got to sadie.
Since I think Sadie was at a disadvantage with her gear. Any way in all and all we had another nice day at wal-mart and the other stores.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2