GO!

Shopping experience

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2  
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 10:15am PST 
my SDiT being a small chi mix i get lots of attentention from small kids(well my SDiT does, they ten to inger me). but luckily Zoey always has her eyes on me. Zoey loves people and kids(but sometime you can tell she gets annoyed when they pull on her tail) i take Zoey to my church a lot (they are very nice and let her in) i take Zoey's vest off a lot there so she can play with the people there. she loves it, but it's like a light switch when i put her vest on. just last week i was at church helping to set up the room for an event we where having. i was needing to move a lot of tables and chairs so i put Zoey in a down-stay off to the side. not even 5 mins and i little girl (like 6 years old) goes over to Zoey and starts talking to her in a high pinched voice (this is like the biggest distraction for her, and we have been working very hard on that) i was so prod that she stayed put, that when the girl asked if she could pet her i relised Zoey, take her vest off and let the girl play with her while i worked. after i was done helping out i went back to Zoey and put her vest on and put her in a down stay. apparently the girl still wanted to play with Zoey because she was piking at her doing high pitched voices try to get her wound up. Zoey know she was working and ingred the wold thing. after about 2-4 min i was getting really annoyed, the girl then asked me why she has a vest on now and why it she not playing anymore. i told her that she is working and so she cant play anymore. the girl asked me what her job was right now, and i did not know how to answer(it the first time i have been asked) the girl then asked "is it the dog's job to lie down?" i said yes it is and she looked at Zoey for i min. then tried playing with her again, even going as far a to try and wag Zoey's own tail for her. i did not say anything because i wanted to use it for training, plus i know the girl was leaving soon. i could not believe it when the girl left and Zoey was still in a down-stay! cloud 9 i gave her a big treat and lots of praise, i was so prod of her happy dance i public i do tell people not to touch her, but we all know they dont always lission, so i need to know she can still do her job when that does happen. sorry for my misspellings red face
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 12, '13 5:11pm PST 
I went to Marden's and petco a month a go and Sadie got a lot of attention and I let people pet her sometimes I do it when I feel relaxed and can handle it when people want to ask about her.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 12)  
1  2