GO!

Questions about your service dog

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 9:32am PST 
My old worker is leaving and I have to choose form a couple others in that office. I am not sure What or who I am going to choose right now. I feel like she is abandoning me, lol. She has been my worker for over 4 years now. I am not one for changes and it is hard for me to warm up to people. It might be for the best cause she was not allowing me to bring Sadie when we worked.
Maybe I will be able to do that now. I really need to start taking her out and getting her in to more stores now. I have been taking her to some places not new for me but new for her. I feel she dose very well in these places so far. We had a lil issue at a pet friendly place so that is not a bad cause we handled it by having a time out for both of us. I told her that we can't be on the offence when meeting new Doggies. Lil dogs are ok for the most part but I think we just have not been around other dogs in a while and she has a lil territorial thing going on. Big dogs can be her down fall she just sees someone that is her size and she thinks it is play time and Sadie likes to be the dom. LOL! She got over it before and she will again. If I see them before she dose I just tell her "No" or "Leave it" and she ignores them. I am ok when I am in a place I have already been.
[notify]
Blondie

Love is eternal- hope.

Barked: Sat Apr 20, '13 7:52pm PST 
Its really great, if you can take your dog for working time. There are always some worries at the start, but its just in time as you build up some everyday routines.

In my previous job, Bibs have been lying underneath the table, or in her cart most of the time. Mostly with no signs of life. She recognized all the situations shortly, so she was sleeping most of the time, partly in the case that she was bored.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 22, '13 8:03pm PST 
Sadie and I took a day out and went walking around the store I had been wanting to take her when I was working with my worker. She was not allowing me to have sadie with us cause she had allergies. Any way we had a really good day we had gone to 11 stores and non of them ever gave me trouble. As matter fact I got a lot of people telling that she was beautiful and alot of people telling their kids that Sadie was a speacial dog. So I was really proud that people knew she was a SD
and told their kids that.( the kids would say "Doggie") and the parents would tell the kids yes and state Sadie was a special dog.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2