GO!

SDIT PA in CA???

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Thu Mar 14, '13 9:19am PST 
i live in CA and i have been training my dog for SD and I know the law really well but there is one thing i still don't know, which is do SDIT have public acss in CA? I have seen bout yes and no on websites (i can not recall what sites) so can someone just tell me strait up if i do or i don't.and if i don't how should i hand getting kicked out? i'm guessing bot to just to turn and leave if the owner just does not want dogs in his store, it may make it harder for SDs in the feucher. thanks for your help, sorry for my miss spellings :b
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Thu Mar 14, '13 10:12am PST 
California Civil Code 54.2(b)
[notify]
Isaac

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 12:35am PST 
The law mentioned above says SDiTs in CA are allowed in public but must be marked with an identification tag issued by the country clerk. Do you have an identification tag?
[notify]

Qwigley

Barked: Sat Mar 16, '13 3:04pm PST 
regarding the marked with a tag- you can get a tag for sdit's but it's incredibly elusive so if you can find one please tell me where they are ahahaha. SDiT's can go anywhere an SD can go, with the exception of the Zoo.
[notify]
Iris vom- Zauberberg

Service Werewolf

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 5:53am PST 
I'm not familiar with the law not allowing SDiTs in CA to accompany trainers or disabled owner trainers to the zoo. Can you give me some background? I know there are some sections of the zoo where it is not safe for SDs or SDiTs to go, but had not heard of any law prohibiting SDiTs.

Edited by author Sun Mar 17, '13 5:57am PST

[notify]
Isaac

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 6:01am PST 
The law saying a tag is required in CA specifically states you get the tag from the country clerk. The county clerk is not so elusive. Have you contacted the clerk?

SDs, and SDiTs, are allowed in zoos, just not in all areas of the zoos. In some areas, they might upset the zoo animals or might expose the zoo animals to certain illnesses, and it would not be a reasonable accommodation to require the zoo to put their animals at risk like that.
[notify]
Qwigley

Barked: Sun Mar 17, '13 12:06pm PST 
I have and they knew nothing about it so I guess it depens on who's working maybe.

ALSO At least for the LA zoo the don't allow dogs that are in training. If you have a service dog you call ahead and inform them you are coming and you get a map of the areas you can go.
idk what it's like for other zoos, though.
[notify]
Zoey

SDit

Barked: Mon Mar 18, '13 11:07am PST 
no i dont have a tag yet, but i have been looking into it thanks guys smile
[notify]
Polly

Lolly girl

Barked: Wed Mar 20, '13 1:24pm PST 
There is a web site on how to apply for a county SD tag I think its "how to appy for an assistance dog county tag?" ..The county I live in had a problem with that issue..they didn't think they did that...they do, Check with your local county animal control office, they can check under California health and safety code 30852 they have to order the tags. the tag will be shaped like California. Good luck it took me three years to get our county to understand they have to order these..lol laugh out loud and yes California allows SDIT to have public access snoopy
[notify]
Jolanda

I grin from ears- to chin :D

Barked: Thu Mar 21, '13 12:00am PST 
the tags aren't the same for every county. The pretty round ones with the shape of CA on it, just exists in a few counties.
It's just a regular SD tag from the same office that gives out the regular dog tags. Not all counties will give one out to SDs in Training, because they don't know this kind of tag.
For our county, you have to specifically lay out what the dog can do. It's really hard to get one for a non trained dog.
You do have public access rights. Once the dog is trained, you will easily get a tag.
Well, in SF you can get tags like candies, cause no one cares whether the dog is actually trained. *sigh*
Happy woofs from our furries dog walk
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2