GO!

How do you address your service dog

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3  
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 12:11pm PST 
Do people look at you funny when you talk to your dog. I know I am sure I asked this of this post before sorry I did not want to repeat it. It is just the other day someone did look at me funny when
I was talking to Sadie. We were shopping and sadie seems to always look to me for what our shopping for is about.
[notify]
Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Fri Jun 28, '13 12:37pm PST 
My dogs aren't SDs, but I always talk to them, either to comment on our surroundings / the weather or to plan out what we're going to do. I do it quite a bit in public, but it would be so rude to look away from Nare to see if anyone is giving us looks, so I'll never know.
I like being engaged with my dogs.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Jun 29, '13 9:41am PST 
Thank you Nare, yeah; I agree it would be rude I just happen to catch this woman looking at me funny and I smiled and walked on. Sadie respons to me so I am sure she understands what I am saying. I have done this all my life I am not going to stop now with my SD.
I talk to my new charge I am watching wile his family is getting their life together.
They had to give up their other fur babies and stuggling to keep him. He is a full blooded bull mastiff 3 x bigger then Sadie and weighs in 100lbs more too. Thank god Sadie did not get that huge lol. Since I have a small apt. but I am dealing with it for the weekend so a big guy wont loose his family. (And end up in a shelter too) Sadie is not happy to share her people and mom but she likes the big guy and social interactiveness with something close to her blood line.
She is leaning too about not jumping and off leash work.
He is good for her in that asspect. I talk to him just like I talk to Sadie so all is good.
[notify]

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 23)  
1  2  3