GO!

tips for possible theraphy dog..

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Emma-Gem

I'm the PRINCESS- of the house!

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 1:43pm PST 
So I would Love some tips on how to get my little Emma the shih-poo started on "pre-therapy" training...(any suggestions on socializing, what she should know before she goes to any therapy training courses and volunteering etc. We are also thinking of maybe putting our Sheltie in a program too! thanks a lot Dannii. Please note we are in Canada I'm aware of the St john's program and Therapy paws (I think that's what it's called!
[notify]
Sonja

It's all about- me.

Barked: Fri Feb 15, '13 3:00pm PST 
Socialize like crazy...kids...adults...noisy places. Our Home depot allows dogs and Saturdays are always hopping with people...just waiting to pet an adorable pup.

We took Sonja EVERYWHERE we possibly could and as often as we could. She is a registered Delta Society Pet Partner and AKC Therapy Dog.

The Pet Partners program is awesome. When you and your animal complete everything they require...you have 1 million dollars of insurance they provide.

Good luck to you. hug
[notify]