GO!

Everyone is fading from this board...

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 5:04pm PST 
That is because of all the fakers or people bringing out dogs who shouldn't be service dogs. If you remind them of laws or tell them that they are doing something wrong you get shushed.

There is no point being on a forum where you are expected to encourage fakers and people who are doing the SD community a disservice.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 6:27pm PST 
I think sometimes being honest some people tend to be mean about it. I tend to want people to be honest cause when they try to sugar coat it, it becomes less true and more fiction then a lie. But though I do try to be less mean I am blunt when I have something to say. Not everything is just Black and white. I feel there can be gray areas with out a lie sugar coating it. I have ofter struggled to work with sadie having many things standing in my way. That is after struggling with my disabilities that is and sometimes that can be the biggiest thing that makes it hard working with a SD even one that comes form a Program. I self trained Sadie myself and I know that not everyone is perfect and not everyone knows it all. Training a SD is not set in stone and those who have had and worked with them. Some people think being honey is their cause they happen to have more time with in the SD world some just have that sepearia attatude. I use to be able to spell well but over the years it has detearated. I am saying all this cause many time on here I have been be rated for both not knowing a hole lot of what others think I am wrong about doing when working my SD and my spelling. As at the beginning to this post I said there is honesty and there mean. Everyone have a style Cesar, and all the other well known trainers each and all have their own pacular style training and getting dogs to what they want them to do.
I have never been told my dog pets nor now my first SD was baddle behaved in the company of people though I would say on my own if they had misbehaved. As matter fact I have been often complamented me on how well my dogs behaved. Some better then others. I have never nor would I ever tell some less they asked how to train or make their dog behave. I would only say I did it this way if it were different. I have and will never stop believing that I have a good since about animals all my life I have had a way of communicate what I need form them. I feel they have a since of what we exspect form them. I am not saying this to debate on it cause I have heard it all and I respect others for their belief as well as I exspect others to respect me. Every now and then I have ask feelings on things here and like others have said got neggetive results.
Not sure what else to say about this I think I made a point about something even I skipped all over the subject. Lately I have had that problem cause of my dissocation. I hope this helps out some one though.
[notify]
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 11:52am PST 
This is true. Though at times we were a bit abrasive with how we handled fakers which is sometimes almost counter-productive to handling people. I think things commonly escalated very rapidly on this board for whatever reasons.

But I do agree with the faker thing and trying to state the facts was a big component.

And yeah, I did vanish from this board for a bit too. It was starting to get more quiet and I didn't always feel like I had something to say anymore...
[notify]

Kaylee

Wag more, bark- less!

Barked: Tue Feb 19, '13 11:27pm PST 
Frankly, I got tired of people using the board as a personal journal, the bad grammar, and the inability to say anything the least bit critical without being frozen.
[notify]
Rest in- Paradise- Voltaire.- 1/1

Did somebody say- deer??

Barked: Thu Feb 21, '13 6:58am PST 
I lurk a lot, and don't usually post. There have been a few times my posts have been "washed" lol for being too bluntly honest.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 23, '13 12:07pm PST 
I know what you mean Baby I have been on here off and on the last few months. I know I myself have negleced to be on here for a few months at a time. Sometimes I don't even go on line to my face book page for weeks either. I have been pretty busy though have been trying to get out of my head and on line a little more now and keep up on thing here and my FB.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2