GO!

Everyone is fading from this board...

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Tue Feb 12, '13 10:24pm PST 
I feel like most of the service dogs have run off from here. I can't help but get the feeling a lot of them have just jumped ship with the appearance of so many psychiatric service dogs.

I miss coming to this board and seeing active posting...

I guess I just thought I would share my woe, lol.

Edited by author Wed Feb 13, '13 10:19am PST

[notify]
Link

Hero of Hyrule

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 2:43am PST 
What do PSDs have to do with it?
[notify]
Maddox

Captain Three- Legs

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 6:52am PST 
Yes, really, what do PSDs have to do with anything? If they truly help mitigate a disability, whether psychiatric, mobility, seizures, blindness or anything else, they are a service dog. The service dogs have not jumped ship.
[notify]

Dude

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 7:11pm PST 
I've been wondering about it too, where did everybody go? This board used to be so much more active.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Feb 13, '13 9:45pm PST 
I dont post much because I am either busy reworking Tank's training or fighting with my cousin/my hubbys friend/our roommate over Tank's training or taking my hubby to school. That and when I do post there are often people who have something negative to say to me. I mean I asked a question about what people consider abuse and got told to surrender my dogs to a rescue because they would be better off. I have spent over $200 on one of my dogs in just four vet visits and will be spending another $60-$90 on the same dog in the next couple weeks to get her right rear leg x-rayed. That is why I rarely post on any forums at all. Although I do have questions I will just rely on my vet instead. Also Tank is my husband's SDiT not mine.
[notify]
Maple

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 8:38am PST 
Because most of us who are seasoned SD handlers or trainers are muted by a forum because of valid truths and actual references to law is made. When your attacked for just telling it like it is, this can be a very frustrating place to be.

Please note I am not referencing all, this is just what I have heard from fellow SD users
[notify]
Baby

What'd you say?- I wasn't- listening.

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 9:52am PST 
I have a PSD, lol, I wasn't making an attack. But I know some people were getting snippy with some of us PSD handlers. Maybe it has something to do with it? I'm just trying to figure out where everyone went thinking

I haven't seen too many problems with the laws being challenged except by some random guests or those with a feeling of entitlement (not referencing anyone in particular).
[notify]
Black

DeMamma and my- boy and me makes- a team

Barked: Thu Feb 14, '13 9:08pm PST 
This is the first time back in months. I don't come on a lot because I find there is to much contention. Certain members get banned for being honest and too many hateful comments. I was getting stomach aches when I came on. I hooked up with a few on Facebook and found other forums that are kind and supportive while being honest.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 7:18am PST 
I have been on and off here Baby But been busy for a bit too I was away I know and I have seen a decrease of a lot SDs too. I was wondering what happen too you as matter fact a lot of familar are not here the ones I am use to.
[notify]
Nova

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 7:33am PST 
For me it wasn't PSDs at all but what seemed to be a movement towards a destructive environment. I kept seeing more and more people who had no clue what they were doing being encouraged to OT a SERVICE DOG, and having people get mad at me and "remind me of the rules of the forum" when I pointed this out.

There also seemed to be a lot more of "Oh, I have social anxiety, can I make my 6-year-old pet dog Fluffy a SD and take her everywhere with me?" with the response being super encouraging. Whenever I would express my concerns, I would again be "reminded of the rules of the forum."

To me it had become a really, really destructive environment that is harmful to all SDs everywhere, and I just have no interest in being a part of that. It's sad, because there was also a lot of other good things going on here.

This is a totally separate issue from a specific type of service dog, but it did seem to just so happen that a lot of people who fell into this category did have PSDs, but that was completely irrelevant to my feelings on the issue.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2