GO!

Speech Pathology Practises using Therapy Dogs?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Ollie

Barked: Thu Jan 10, '13 12:33am PST 
Hi all,

I am currently Studying a Bachelor of Health Sciences and Masters of Speech Pathology in Oz and have been involved with Dog Training both in Obedience and agility for a number of years.
Back when I was still in high school I watched an episode of "Dogs with Jobs" where an OT & ST were using a Therapy Dog to help their client and I thought it was amazing! I have also discovered an amazing video series on youtube where an OT and ST used a Therapy Dog with a little boy with Autism. Definitely inspired!

I would love to combine my love of Dog Training with Speech Therapy but I am struggling to find somewhere in Australia where this is being practised.

**Does anyone know of Speech Paths in America or even here in Australia, that are using Therapy dogs??

I have been able to find courses here for Training Therapy Dogs.

Would love to do one of my placements in America so any help would be very much appreciated!

Thankyou in advance smiledog
[notify]