GO!

A Call to Service....

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Violet

Barked: Fri Dec 28, '12 10:06pm PST 
Currently I am helping seizure survivors (people living with seizures) find the right service dog for them across the nation.applause This requires working with breeders, rescue facilities, and trainers. Has anyone here resources I can use to help me in this quest?thinking Fundraising is held through National Seizure Disorders Foundation so funding is really not an issue. Finding qualified puppies and dogs for seizure service work is my main challenge. Any advice?hail Thank you for your time and attention.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 10:04am PST 
It is cool that you are using all those sorces to find dogs too. I found Sadie in Uncle henery's
I payed $250. for her. She is a bully breed mix (Amer. Staff. terrier mixed with Bull mastiff.
I need her size though she is not as big as most think she is only mid thye not even to my hip.
though she is a loving dog she is very serious about her job. She is a Diabetic alert as well as mobilitie dog, she also works as a PTSD dog. I have multipul disabilities so she is able to help more then 99% of the needs I have for her. I trained her myself though a lot of her tasks she was able to develope on her own. She is a very fast learner like the research told me she would be. She is also strong and able to withstand weight that I need. Glad that I have her too. I hope that helps i know a lot of people don't care to get a dog form that kind of search but Sadie has been a real charm for me. (Oh and she has also on her was able to detect siezger with a friend of mine)
[notify]