GO!

Tanks's very first church service. So Proud

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 9:57am PST 
Today we took Tank to my home church for the first time. He was a little restless at first but settled in and was completely focused on my husband. He alerted a couple times to the hubby's stress level.He laid between the pews and slept once he got settled. He didnt even flinch when the kids went up to do their little speeches. He may not be very far along in his training but WOW he handled church like he had been doing it all his life. A friend of mine who I have known since I was a baby said had one of the other ladies not mentioned Tank's presence she wouldnt have even noticed him. That and had she not seen me come in with him. I did find it kinda funny though a small child behind us asked his dad "daddy why is the doggie in church?" I waited to see if the dad would come up with some silly answer. I had to brag on Tank though
[notify]
Opheila

It ain't over- till the fat- kitty sings

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 12:24pm PST 
You should be very proud, Way to go Tank!!! Oy I took Sophie to a blessing of the animals once and after she leaped two pews during the service I carried her out
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Tue Dec 25, '12 12:55pm PST 
WOW !!! So cool for Tank and yeah I am so proud of you. Sadie has made me proud of her almost since I got her. Though I have been frustrated with her since she has been ripping up my bed and chair I don't seem to be able to break her of that and jumping on people when she is not in her gear. Glad to see you here Opheila , Sadie is also a American Staff. Bulldog mixed with Eng. Bull mastiff. I am glad someone else is here with a SD that is that breed. I got her form a man that wanted Sadie to have a good home and put her in the uncle heneries here in maine. Sadie was 7 months old when I got her. I wanted to get one form a shelter but I had problems with my landlord and the shelters at the time. But I was able to find Sadie and that was what was ment to be I believe. I knew I wanted this breed when I started researching it cause I had a mobilitie ishue
and my doc. felt that I needed I need a SD cause of my multipul disorders and disabilities. She is a small breed but not to large. I had always hoped and loved mastives and such breeds like Kantana were I had a dog back a while ago that was dobaman /lab was what we were told.
Well I am babling about breeds and stuff but I am glad that Tank is doing so well. Hope he will keep up the good job and very glad to see you here opheila.
[notify]

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Dec 26, '12 9:25pm PST 
We didnt take him to the Christmas eve service but the pastor asked where he was. I told him that we gave Tank the night off because we didnt want to over stimulate him so early in his training. Hes doing great. Not sure how he is going to handle the snow tomorrow. It started snowing last night and hasnt stopped yet. At one point where we live there was already a foot of snow. Just wish it had come Christmas day instead. We do have plans to take Tank to a local small time wrestling show on New Years Eve. I just hope I dont have to deal with small kids with stupid noise makers like last year.
[notify]