GO!

Loss of one of our own.

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Fri Dec 7, '12 8:02pm PST 
Im not sure if there is anyone here that doesn't know already, but since she was once very active on Dogster, and I don't see a post, I thought Id post something.

Two weeks ago today, we lost one of our own, an advocate for the service dog community and a sweet gentle soul. Rainie (Service dogs Holly and Heidi. I think she posted most often under Holly, the sheltie) passed due to complications after heart surgery.

There is a memorial service tomorrow in Michigan and the 19th in FL.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 4:12pm PST 
Yes I remember Holly, Harley I have been a way for a while and it is sad to hear that Holly has lost her mom. I pray that Holly is in a good home that her mom can not worry in the here after.
I have heard of insadents where SDs end up in a shelter. Holly seemed to be a really sweet dog and so was her mom. so sad for Holly and her mom.
[notify]
Harley, SD,- CGC, TDI

Super Service- Boy!

Barked: Sat Dec 8, '12 5:00pm PST 
Holly is with one of Rainie's granddaughters. I have not heard about Heidi.
[notify]

Samson- Service Dog, TD, CGC

More Loyal Every- Day

Barked: Sun Dec 9, '12 6:49pm PST 
That's heart breaking. I feel horrible for the family and the service dog community has certainly lost a gem. cry

Edited by author Sun Dec 9, '12 6:53pm PST

[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Sat Dec 29, '12 2:00pm PST 
I was sad to hear this cause I use to talk to her she was a very nice person. cry
[notify]