GO!

What do you do when?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Wed Oct 10, '12 8:04pm PST 
I am not sure how to word this let alone tell you all this?
Or is I've even have mentioned it at all in any of my posts.
I am not even sure if I can even call this a challenge even.
I guess I need to just explain it this way: I live in town now a fellow
mainer would understand that most towns in maine are not all that big. So my town Ellsworth is not all that big OK?
I live right in town in a pizza shop building that has 2 other units in it. The buildings are very close too, Like you can spit and hit the building next door. There is bearly a walk way between the two places too. My Landlord owns a good deal of space that is her parking area for the business. She had me run a doggy run for Sadie after I got her form the post for a porch to a tree 50 ft.
form there. The problem is that this other building is so close that Sadie can reach the back steps next door. The other part is she dose not like the man who owns the building. He has rented to a family and already the family likes Sadie when they first saw her. He (the owner of the building) warned me about the fact he had rented to a family. He dose not like Sadie and think she is a dangerous dog and threatened me if she bites. She has never bit anyone and I know for a fact that she would never bite a child.
The thing is he has been here a few times and every time she has barked at him, I have tryed to not have her out when he is here or bring her in when I see him around. I have tryed intro dusing her to him, but she really dose not like him and he shows fear to her witch make it worse. He claims to have a pit bull and calls Sadie a pit bull (witch I know she is not). But I also have met many people who have the different breeds of bullies and know not to have fear of them. I don't choose engage anymore of conversation with him. Cause he is very rude and has been so with my Landlord as well as myself. He yelled at me that to prove that Sadie was a SD(did not ask) told me she was not a SD other wise. I asked him what gave him right to make that call, and told him if he ques- tioned her status to call my town hall where she was regestered.
I told him that she did not need papers (though I do have some copies of her papers form the town). I told him if I had papers I would not show him anyway, cause I did not want him to know my personal stuff. I would not even continue the aguement rather
I just walked away. My Landlord delt with it for me and he then lit in to her why she would have that breed of dog in her place.
My Landlord told him that Sadie was indeed a SD and that he did not know what he was talking about. She explained that By law she had to have the dog here. That Sadie did indeed have medical papers that proved Sadie was a SD. (the thing is he did appolgized to my Landlord. I am just glad he did that.
[notify]
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 3:13am PST 
If Sadie can reach your neighbor's back steps, she is trespassing and he has every right to say something about it. As for your assertion that she would never bite a child, it's wishful thinking. If pushed hard enough, all dogs will bite; some take a lot more harassment than others. It's your job, as the adult human, to ensure she's not put in a situation where anyone, child or adult, can push her to that point.

I suggest finding a different way to run her tie out so that she isn't crossing the property line. It doesn't matter if his tenants don't have a problem with her trespassing, the property owner obviously takes issue with it.
[notify]
Rastas

Razzle Dazzle-

Barked: Thu Oct 11, '12 5:51pm PST 
I agree if the dog can reach the property owner's space, it is trespassing, but Service Dogs and their owners have rights just as he does. I would consider moving the lead or putting a barrier at the property limit to ensure the dog stays off his property...simply to make less of a headache for your landlord, but they seem like they are willing to stand up for your rights and would let them handle that jerks personal issues... And the family living in his dwelling likes the dog...so why does he care, it's not the dog's fault the dog doesn't like the property owner- it's his fault for having a bad attitude and dogs are smart enough to notice! No one can discrimiate us whom are disabled according to the Law and I feel this violates Disabled folks' rights...if I can establish residency in a government-funded apartment complex because I am disabled and require a service animal, I am given the right to care for my pet on their property...which to me seems the dog has a right to access property not owned by myself, ...so who's to say the dog can not have access to private property? That is trully the issue here...where a dog can do their business!

Regardless of law or right, morally speaking I would attempt to resolve the issue as gently as possible without offending anyone...simply by compromising with preventing the dog from using the jerks property, but I don't think it upholds to everyone's rights...
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Oct 12, '12 9:49am PST 
Thank you both Scooter and Rastas For your support and comments. As of now also I have a up date: Yes this was a long time coming since I had known he had issues with Sadie before and was working renting out his place. Though my Landlord told him that he need to put some kind of fencing up and to make sure he was not incroching on to her land. Since he had the idea he had more land that was due him. Any way I agree wit you both on a lot of levels I have moved her Lead now and needed to buy a new lead anyway cause the old one was very warn out. A friend and I worked out a better situation for her at the direction My land set for me and she had room on her property to do so. As it stands now Sadie has more room to run then she did before and a longer run to utolize witch I think will please every one. His tenets still like Sadie and I did explained the issue that I was not moving her on their account but cause Sadie did not like their Landlord and he did like her. They were welcome to come meet her at my supporvised meeting of her. As I said Sadie loves children and the people seem decent enough. I did explain that their Landlord did not believe she was a SD but I assured them she was. I also feel better cause I did get to warn him that messing or desturbbing a SD was aggast the fed. law. He was attment that she was not a SD but my LL as I said put him strait cause she was not be here other wise.
I had, had issues when I first had to get Sadie with her and her husband had gone and check out the Law for it and had told her that she had to Allow me to have the Dog here. As I said now she loves Sadie and would never allow anyone to verbally or other wise disrupded her. Yes I am proud that My LL now has accepted Sadie and stands up for her to this guy. She also stands up for me too I think more cause we have been friend since we were children then the fact that I am her tenet. So any way that Is the (UPDATE) to my delema though I would not mind hearing form others how they feel I handled this If I did well?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Jun 9, '13 3:47pm PST 
I think he has sold the building witch is good for sadie and I but I moved the run any way. It was really an ignorent thing since he cam over here and kept tearing down her run with his truck witch was tresspassing. Well he has stopped being here now but it was a real case of him being a moron. I think I am going to be ok now but he has rented to people who have dogs now not just one but two one huge one and one smaller one. And cats also... now that is redicuelus....
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Thu Jun 27, '13 8:15am PST 
Thank you both again for responding to the post and I had moved the run away to a better position then I had before. We all agree (that being those who love Sadie) I myself and Sadie that the placement was a lot better for her. The problem here is that not so much was Sadie on his side of the line but that he was always on my Landlords side(witch was the place Sadie had to run in). He was told by my Landlord many times to stay off her side cause Sadie was a Service Dog and she was not to be desturbed. He continued to disobey that request and yes being a jerk complained that Sadie did not like him. He continued to invade her area. I had to bring her in out of fear that Sadie in her persuite to protect her area in to my house. The funny thing was is that yes his tenets in the area of hers loved Sadie and anyone of the dozen or so costomers that come to her store (Landlords store) Loved Sadie. Her family loves Sadie as well herself (inspite:the idea she did not want her here in the first place) On duty Sadie Is a whole different dog and I have had testamonie on that. I JUST need to keep people away that are herassing her and to do that I stay out side a lot watching her witch is unfair to me. Sadie needs her alone time and rest time away form me cause when I am around she is constantly on duty in her brain. I have also allowed friends and family to walk her now so she is not only away form me but completely off duty.
I have read enough post here how many on here utalize their off duty time for their dogs.
Sadie is always on duty in her mind when I am out next to her she is always grounding me
she is constantly alerting for something. My sugars have been high and my other illness issues more prompted. So giving her time away help both of us form sufficating each other.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Mon Jul 15, '13 6:24am PST 
When you get a new worker and she is good for working with you but not consistant
on getting in touch with you. It is a good thing and a curse that I got a new worker.
Not sure but do you all out there have workers that work with you on verious things?
That work with you and your SD?
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Aug 16, '13 10:51am PST 
I have not seen any posts that are new to this forum I made and it has been awhile since I have been on here. I have a lot of wonder how can you prepair for what has not happen yet or when you planing on doing something that might effect your dog. (like move?) Just I have had Sadie for over 5 years now or more close to it and have lived in one place all that time.
I have asked a lot of" WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN?" questions. Many personal like dating and what if's about Landlord etc. I have gotten lots of help form this forum. Thank you all who have helped.
It is Sad though other get so lil and sometime still get a critical response to a question that only needs a answer/ advice since they would not have been needing an appinoin.
I try not to give appions and very lil advice. I answer Them as best I can with out it sounding like riddiculing them. I am not saying this to under mind people on here just stating facts.
[notify]