GO!

Any ideas about a mat/blanket?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '12 3:52pm PST 
Have you thought about making a tie blanket to use? They are easy to make and very durable and my pets, kids, and husband loves them. You can make them as big as you want and it doesn't require any sewing. I'm sure you could use a strip of the fabric to make it where you can roll it and tie it to make it even easier to carry
[notify]
Holly

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 11:39am PST 
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/305009_3718619131978_1450 724880_n.jpg

If you can sew... this is a project you might want to make. I like it, as does Holly! Rolls right up so we can tote it with us. you can use 2 pc of cotton material... if you need thicker, put a pc of fleece in between the cotton.
[notify]
Beth

Hey! I hear- people landing- on the Moon!

Barked: Tue Oct 9, '12 12:44pm PST 
I was reading something the other day about a woman who cuts up her old memory foam mattress toppers to use on the inside of dog beds. I thought it was a great idea.
[notify]

Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Sun Oct 14, '12 9:02am PST 
laugh out loud Thankyou all so much! Beth...I like that idea...gonna try it after my "topper" needs to be replaced. Holly...I can sew, but my mom has a sewing machine..so I'm gonna use that with your instructions. Sorry I haven't posted back a response sooner, but I've been really sick this past week. And as anyone with migraines know...looking at a computer screen is the last thing you wanna do! :/
[notify]
Charlie- Chaplin

A day without- laughter is a- day wasted

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 11:56am PST 
We do a lot of traveling on public transportation and it just gets gross. My dog's rarely get cold but they do bake in hot temperatures. Petsmart every now and again has a big sale on their top paw beds for like 15-20 dollars (way cheaper than ruffwear stuff and a bit more durable than blankets without slipping problems).

My dogs don't like beds at home (I found out after buying beds of course) so I took off the cover (they're washable) and am using it as a mat. Its bottom is anti-skid and it rolls up and folds up very compactly, especially if your dog doesn't need the top layer with the soft, kind of warming material. I just cut the top off and now take the anti-skid side with me. Its sole purpose is to keep grime of my dog.

I have largeish dogs and blankets can get kind of bulky; I like to travel as light as possible.

We will continue using this until I find another cheapish option that doesn't slide around and over heat my pups.

I know I'm resurrecting the dead but should someone, like me, be looking for mat ideas I figured I'd post mine.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 12:10pm PST 
Sadie likes to lay on the rug a lot so I am working on getting her a few welcome matts.
They make good laying matts for resting and that is what I think works for Sadie and portable too.
[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Mon Apr 29, '13 5:14pm PST 
I am currently using a crate mat....very thin, portable and not too heavy. I still plan on making one, but am waiting til this one wears out or til I can get to the store to get some fabric! Problem is....Chey likes to lay on the floor, more than she likes the mat...especially with the heat we've been having lately. Oh well lol
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Tue Apr 30, '13 12:15pm PST 
Simple a cheep door matt is simple and easy.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2