GO!

Any ideas about a mat/blanket?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 6:07am PST 
I'm looking for something for my Sdit to lay on while under a table. Or something to help keep her clean at least. I'm looking for something comfortable, something that will fit her (she is 60 lbs) & something that is not huge/heavy. Any ideas? What do you all use?
[notify]
Brycone

Mom's Left Hand- Man - I'm ready are- you?

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 7:39am PST 
I like baby receiving blankets, baby quilts or wall hangings, and if I'm going to be a long while or my dog is wet, bathroom throw rugs are great. And we also use a bright cotton throw rug and thin roll-up bamboo rug depending or where and how long the destination is....Sometimes, I just use my coat/jacket.
[notify]
Max-SD

https://www.face- book.com/Sequoia- sMaximum

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 5:42pm PST 
I use a mat made by another SD handler. There are groups on Facebook just for the purpose of buying/selling new and used SD gear.
[notify]

Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 8:15pm PST 
It may be a bit small if your dog tries to stretch out, but I have one of these and I like it a lot, it is water-proof and packs up small:
http://www.fearcitychicago.com/index.html

Also I believe they offer a discount program for people with service dogs.
[notify]
Bella

Bed warmer

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 9:14pm PST 
I believe the link that was just posted is the incorrect one. thinking
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 12:56am PST 
Have you thought about taking two saddle blankets and sewing them together and adding a thin layer of quilt batting between them? They would be both warm and light enough to roll up or fold up and if you are using a backpack for the dog you could always tuck it under the handle. That way when you are not using it you can just tuck it away while you are going from one place to another and it would be washable if needed.
[notify]
Cheyenne- Starr

Car- ride...Yipee!

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 6:24am PST 
So many great ideas! smile Currently I'm using a beach towel, which is ok. It's a little bit longer than a bath towel, which is nice. I also looked at a yoga mat, but kinda wanted something I could throw in the washer....movie theater floors are the worst! I've got a touch of OCD when it comes to germs lol.confused
[notify]
Ginger DSA- ThD TT CGC - &hearts

My Angel

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 11:38am PST 
Sorry, I am borrowing someone's computer and it doesn't work too well, I guess the copy/paste did not work.
This is the link I meant to put for the mat:
http://www.ruffwear.com/Highlands-Bed?sc=2&category=17

Check the measurements though, it's a little smaller, if your dog likes to stretch out but it's nice because it's able to be compacted a lot. I'm not sure why they only make one size. My GSD can fit on it but if she stretches out part of her will be off the mat.
They also make a foam pad that could work, comes in a few sizes, but it is not as packable, I think the foam one can roll up like a yoga mat probably but it can't compact into a little ball like this one.

Edited by author Sun Oct 7, '12 11:43am PST

[notify]
H, my angel- in heaven.

Barked: Sun Oct 7, '12 3:16pm PST 
Are there any secondhand/thrift stores near you? I get towels and blankets for my dogs there and last week I found the cutest little blanket.. I'm not sure if it's for a baby or a pet. But it's extremely soft and a little bit smaller than an average throw. It also has a cute paw print embroidered on the edge.

You never know what you may find at those places. smile
[notify]
Sarge

Teddybear

Barked: Mon Oct 8, '12 3:52pm PST 
Have you thought about making a tie blanket to use? They are easy to make and very durable and my pets, kids, and husband loves them. You can make them as big as you want and it doesn't require any sewing. I'm sure you could use a strip of the fabric to make it where you can roll it and tie it to make it even easier to carry
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2