GO!

Has anyone heard of DOGWISH INC. service dogs?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2  
Rusty

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 12:00am PST 
You must decide for yourself about Dogwish. My name is Rusty and I am a Dogwish SD. I have been going to school with my girl since the beginning of the school year. I love being a SD, and my handler loves me. I help her through school everyday. She is the focus of my life, and it was Dogwish that formed that purpose in me. It makes me sad that some of you say bad things about Dogwish. My girl has been through so much, and she would be devistated if she saw all these negative comments about where I came from... So I simply say this, "Call my trainer (Bob @ Dogwish), make an appt to see his facility, and call my girl's school here in California. Bob did an entire assembly about me and other SD's for my girl's school. Everyone loves me there. I feel like a rockstar. I help my girl with so many things, and she is finally off all medication, and even made Honor Roll for the very first time! Yippee! So, see for yourself, but I am a living breathing fine example of the efforts & products Dogwish creates. I go to school everyday at River Springs in Riverside, CA. Good luck with your decision!
[notify]

Barked: Tue Apr 16, '13 4:49pm PST 
Reading the responses it seems to me that most of you do not know what it takes to train service dogs and do not understand dog breeds. Training service dogs for people with disabilities is challenging and very few trainers can actually do it. Dogwish Inc. has trainers that actually work the dogs and train them intensely for the need of their human. Dogwish Canines work on a much higher level and the dogs are picked specifically for their intelligence and drive. As for the response regarding a Cane Corso and a little girl that can handle the dog. Well, once again you need to know the breed and know the training that goes into a Dogwish dog to understand. We have a Cane Corso that is trained as a Seizure Alert and Search Rescue for my son with Autism. We've had her for five years and my son is only 13 and we've never had a problem. We also have a German Shepard that is trained to help people with Panic Disorder. They are both Dogwish Dogs and I've never seen better dogs. As for the training in protection, it is necessary for some service dogs to be trained to protect their human. People with disabilities are more often targets for harassment and harm than their typical peers. I do not see why having a dog trained in protection is a bad thing. Most dogs that do harm to humans are not trained and are scared. By training a dog to know it's strength is a way to keep them from hurting others for no reason. Again, you need to understand how dogs think and work. Not all dogs can become Serivce dogs and Dogwish Inc. only trains the highest quality of dogs. Whether they be a small canine or large. We are all different so every person needs their own unique canine and that is what Dogwish Inc. can deliver.dog
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Fri Apr 19, '13 10:15am PST 
I have heard a lot form both sides and I find that anyone who puts others works with dogs down and claims to be the only ones to have the best trained dogs are people I am lerry of.
I can almost say for me Sadie has been the best Service dog ever but that is just for me. She is not aggressive cause I don;t beleive a SD should be so. Sadie dose though stand in front of me and look intimmatdating. Her breed a lone makes people stand back so she dose not have to show aggression. Sadie dose what she dose for me she would not do anything for anyone else and that is what she is for. She dose things that she needs to do cause I incuraged her to behave a certon way. She alerts me to the stress I am feeling cause sometime I don't realize I am having an issue till I am on the floor. She has alerted me to my sugars automatically since she came to be with me. I figured that out after a week that she could do that it was a plus for me.
She has alerted me to a few other things that I have had to deal with and cause of her now I can
learn to deal with them better. As a few of you said only by exspearance have if found her to be true SD material and will not be told other wise. I don;t like epople telling me I don't know how to train a Dog let a lone a SD. The ADA only requires a handlers dog to do what their handler needs them to do through personally needed tasks that midigate their disability.
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 10:53am PST 
WOW !!!! today I met one of these dogs or a woman claiming her dog was a DOGWISH dog.
He is a 9 year old ginger poodle. I don't know what to think.
[notify]
Clyde

Ice cubes? YES- PLEASE!

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 1:02pm PST 
All the posters who are defending Dogwish on here have only one post and all the guest posters who did so joined the day they made their only post. Rusty's bio also sounds a lot like a success story I would expect Dogwish to put on their website, since it doesn't mention much about him outside the context of his SD training program. Sounds like someone is employing a lot of internet PR campaigning. I could be wrong, but...
[notify]
Happy

The Boy Wonder

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 2:49pm PST 
Clyde, I agree completely. I could never recommend a program that recommends dogs trained in protection (which right there shows they aren't aligned with Any of the larger programs) or a placing such a large controversial breed with a child which will only increase the struggles of that child.

That said the biggest red flag is their claim to be able to train the dogs to read brain waves... Because that Totally sounds legit *sarcasm*
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Fri Apr 26, '13 6:13pm PST 
I agree but I did meet a lady today that said she got her dog for DOg wish program she was quite old and so was the dog. I just don't know what to think about this deal. I mean 9 years is old for a dog to be a SD and is this a program to give relocated retired SDs or is it a program that places the SD after training? I am pretty confused about this program and it's perppose.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 17)  
1  2