GO!

Has anyone heard of DOGWISH INC. service dogs?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dude

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 4:15pm PST 
I was wondering if anyone has gotten a SD from them or has heard anything about them (good or bad)?
[notify]
Aidan, CGC

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 5:44pm PST 
I have never heard of them, but there are some scary things on the website.

"This last fall we placed a 120 pound female Cane Corso DOGWISH Service Dog into a full time enrollment in a public school with a 6 year old 65 pound little girl, with autism. She had to get onto a School Bus, attach the dog to a seat belt, ride to school, un attach the dog, get off the bus by herself, take the dog into the School property, and go to the play ground and classroom with her dog, all by herself, without any help."

A Cane Corso attached to a 6 year old? Eek!

They are also training service dogs that "protect" as a task, which is not entirely legal.

Most of the dog breeds they're training have very strong protective instincts...

I would be a little worried...I haven't looked at the whole site but from what I've seen so far it's shooting up some red flags.
[notify]
Thor CGC

God of Thunder

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 6:52pm PST 
I dont agree with some of their stuff, but they don't seem horrible.
[notify]

Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Thu Oct 4, '12 9:57pm PST 
He's claiming that he can train a dog to detect electro-magnetic brainwaves/energy associated with seizures. He's also claiming that by using the same technique he was training dogs to identify individuals with criminal intent.

He also claims that by being able to detect that type of "energy" it makes them better at S&R, specifically where it applies to autistic kids with elopement issues.

I haven't gone through the rest of his site, but based on that and the PPD description, I see nothing but red flags.
[notify]
Max-SD

https://www.face- book.com/Sequoia- sMaximum

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 12:20pm PST 
Someone on FB who got scammed by a bad DAD program is compiling lists of bad programs, based on either red flags on the site or personal experiences. Dogwish is on her list.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/stop-dad-scams/companies-to-lo ok-out-for/282368991873555
[notify]
Max-SD

https://www.face- book.com/Sequoia- sMaximum

Barked: Fri Oct 5, '12 12:30pm PST 
And their website calls PTSD, depression and anxiety neurological disorders. That is medically incorrect.

"Our dogs can detect from the electromagnetic energies projected by their handlers whether what they are thinking or feeling is correct, or if it is not. They can then alert to the thought process of the handler, and respond as is needed."
That sounds like a load of dog poop to me.

They also claim that they can train a seizure alert dog which is impossible. A dog will either alert to seizures or they won't, it's not the kind of alert you can train.

They also tether dogs to children with Autism which is highly controversial. A picture of one of these dogs showed the dog tethered to the child while wearing a prong collar. Big red flag. Child runs, yanking dog around by a prong collar. Dog will soon associate child with pain and either go after child or mentally break down. Neither are good things for a service dog or even a pet.
[notify]
Mandi

Many hands make- the load- lighter.

Barked: Sat Oct 6, '12 4:59pm PST 
I've followed his page on FB for awhile now. From what I've seen, I'd run in the opposite direction. Many of the reasons are listed above.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Feb 16, '13 7:42am PST 
I actually had a friend who was looking into them. I was skeptical and didn't want her to get screwed so i did my own research. I will tell you this. They do seem scary and I do t agree with everything on their site HOWEVER, and a big however... They trained one of the best dogs I've ever seen. I'm not saying I would use them and yes they do look a little scary but I've seen alot of people claim to be able to train a good dog and come very short. Dogwish trained one of the best dogs I've ever seen. When the rubber meets the road if the dog can perform then id say you made a good decision.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 2:15am PST 
My fiance has a dog from Dog Wish and he's perfect for us. The bond was instant between the dog and my fiance. I've seen it happen at Dog Wish before with another person. My fiance has Asperger's and PTSD. The dog really helps with the anxiety and my fiance is a lot more confident having his dog. He used to refuse to leave the house. Now we go so many places. My fiance also dissociates and the dog brings him back and keeps him safe. You may not understand or accept how they describe the training, but it definitely works for us. We have an awesome dog from Dog Wish and we've found Bob to be very dedicated to helping as many people as he can.
[notify]
Isaac

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 7:39am PST 
They do dangerous things, like tethering dogs to small children. They claim their dogs can do things I don't believe is possible, like know when a child is thinking about writing on the wall with a crayon. I'd stay far away from them.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2