GO!

Tank at the VA Standdown event.

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Sat Sep 29, '12 8:49am PST 
Thursday was our local VA clinic's annual Stand down event where they help homeless veterans and veterans with a low disability rating get some needed supplies for the winter. My husband and I went down for that and to pick up some of his medications. We took Tank along so that he could get in some training and get used to large groups of people. He acted up a little on the way to our vehicle before we left which I expected. He was on his best behavior while we were down there however and met many people. Several times while we were walking around he would alert my husband to his stress level and at one point my husband squatted down to tie his shoe and Tank alerted like crazy then did a paws up so that my husband would cuddle him to calm down. As it was it was right in front of my hubbys psych doctor. After the hubby calmed down and Tank relaxed, the doctor had some questions about Tank and is willing to fill out a form that is needed for the collage so that Tank will be allowed on campus for sporting events and for concerts and other collage events. As well as training on campus. Tank did really well and was completely relaxed around wheel chairs and walkers that passed by right in front of him. He got lots of comments on how well behaved he was and how just totally relaxed he was even when someone dropped a piece of food in front of him. AND WE HAVENT WORKED ON LEAVE IT YET!
[notify]