GO!

Was it this hard for you?

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Spinny

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 1:08am PST 
Breeder hunting and making a task list I mean?
I know what my problems are, but it's hard to be honest with myself and sit down and say what I can and can't do because I always want to push myself since I'm used to be treated like I was making a meal of "nothing". Unfortunately that's part of the problem because a lot of my symptoms physical and otherwise are invisible, chronic, and really bad. Then after thinking of what I can and can't do, I'm having problems trying to write down tasks for them. Like I can't really put anything into words.

As far as breeders, I'm still thinking of the poodle, though I did look at Newf poodle mixes due to potentially needing a larger dog for counterbalance work (I'm 5'9 in the 200's range), but after thinking about it I'm not sure that would be the right way to go. Especially after looking at the site of the only breeder I could find anywhere near the region and the only info is a phone number and a paypal button. I messaged him a bunch of questions and instead of answering he just wanted me to call him, so I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign. Some people who have them said that they were training theirs as sd's and that the only problem they've had with them are food allergies. Is that bad for an SD?

Meanwhile, I was thinking of what my mom said since she's actually on board for me getting an SD while I'm still living here after seeing and hearing how bad things are for me now. She said it would probably be best to see the dog(s)/puppies in person instead of just going by what someone else said. What do you guys think?

Thanks for any help you can give.
puppy A.M.
[notify]