GO!

A Long Journey Ahead

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

AILBE,- Service Dog- In Tng

Born To Serve- The Damsel In- Distress

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 12:05am PST 
My two service dogs, Ailbe and Shadow, Sammy the cat, plus my daughter, grandson and I are leaving our home in AZ and moving to Virginia. I got to leave my apt complex in June without a lease penalty to take care of my terminally ill dad. It's always been known in my family that once my dad was gone I would pull up stakes and move to be near my family in Virginia and South Carolina. Well, my dad passed away two weeks ago and after some mean vultures in our family I'm packing up for the big move.

I'm checking out all the van lines for a pro move because I don't think I can handle another move in three months by myself. If I find a good price and they take one of the cars then we'll be traveling in two vehicles, my car and my dad's Chevy truck

I'm hoping to be out of here by the 22nd of Oct. I would leave earlier, but my five year old grandson is going to be the ring bearer at my niece's wedding on Oct 20th.

My daughter will drive the truck which will have Shadow, Sammy the cat, and odds and ends that we need to survive 3 days on the road. I'll have Ailbe and my grandson to entertain me. My grandson is a chatterbox and I don't think I'll get tired, but I'll have a huge headache..

What a journey we're going to have .. Oh, what fun..

Ailbe has also grown to be a HUGE poodle.. He'll be a year old on the 27th.. He's 27 inches tall and close to 60 lbs already.. He outgrew the large breed crate and he looks great and comfy in the extra large one.
Ailbe and Shadow

Ailbe and Shadow

Edited by author Wed Sep 12, '12 12:05am PST

[notify]
Maverick- SD

Sweet Goober

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 12:20am PST 
I just moved from Texas to California about 3 months ago and it really was a journey. Six cats and two large dogs in a Trailblazer for a few days is tiring, especially in the middle of summer. We at least had a pro mover too. Make sure you get plenty of rest and stay safe.
[notify]
Jolanda

I grin from ears- to chin :D

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 1:05am PST 
so sorry to hear about your father. It's been a lot.
I am sending warm greetings and cross my fingers that all goes well with the move.
wishes , sonja and the crew

Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Wed Sep 12, '12 5:48am PST 
So sorry for the loss of your father. With everything that you are going through I am wishing you the best. I have some questions for you but I will hold off on asking them until you and the fur kiddos are settled into your new home. Good Luck with everything
[notify]