GO!

It's been a long time since I posted:

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Im a SD and- proud of it so- there!!!!

Barked: Wed Sep 5, '12 8:44pm PST 
Yes it has been a long time since I have posted anything. Just been ill and the heat has been the biggest reason for that.
Anyway the meaning for this post is that I have again started working with Sadie outside the house and found out that yeah some of you are right when I posted this problem before. My worker was not allowing me to bring Sadie with me cause of her own personal issues. When I first started working with Sadie she had car sickness but has over come this. My worker has decided that she dose not want to trasport Sadie in her car while sadie was having this problem. I had always made sure that when I transported Sadie I brought a blanket or some sort of cover for her car interea. It frustrate me I guess to have a worker do this since she new I was using Sadie as a SD outside my home too.
I was training her as my Mobility dog as well as other duties.
How am I to justifie her work to my friends and Landlord, if the worker dose not allow me to use her when we are working together. I guess this is something a lot of you can relate to that work with other resorces. It has been hard to work with Sadie and
other people together. She admits that Sadie has good behavyor and it has nothing to do with bad behavyor. It is all just cause she had been ill in the car in the past. I have told her often that I have work with Sadie so that she over came this problem but she still refuses to allow her to be transported in the car.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

I'm trying to- fill some BIG- paws

Barked: Thu Sep 6, '12 11:35pm PST 
If we were closer I would offer to help but since I live where I do I cant help much. Good to know she is better about her car sickness. Keep working and good luck
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Sep 8, '12 1:26pm PST 
Thanks tank I really could use the help but I know a lot of you are far away .
[notify]

Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Thu Sep 13, '12 9:57am PST 
That is the hardest part about having a service dog is it not? To have a Service dog and not have another SD person near you or around you closer to share stuff with. It is really something I struggle with. As matter fact I am starting a new post about that now.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Sep 15, '12 1:26pm PST 
This a cool thing I finally got a new printer well I have had for a few weeks now got some new black ink just the other day getting some colored ink at the first and now working on or trying to work on the print outs for my pamphlets tryed some of the down loads online for it but that did not work well. But not giving up, Working maybe trying to form my own layouts. Working also on my own ID cards too. These will be cards that will help in an emergency: I am looking in to stuff that have diabetic emblums etc. So She is well Aluminated for people to notice not so they can not or will not be allowed to touch her, but cause I need them to know if something happen or goes wrong with me form some sudden health issue that; Sadie will have instructions that will help them. I have been working on this for a wile but I think for ed. perpuses I have still been stuck on Pamphlets to hand out. I am also in to looking for Blank business cards so I can make my own or matteral to make business cards form. I just think a few people on here had that as a good idea to. I hope others are doing well with their teams groups and etc. I also have been keeping up on other project but lagging others. Would love to find and get in to a bigger place so that Sadie has more room outside. Well that is all for now people.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

Barked: Fri Sep 21, '12 2:07pm PST 
Dont know if you have been keeping up with Tanks adventures but he is doing really well. Wish I could say the same for his dippy brother. His brothers owner brought Mojo back for some play dates and overnighters again and the hubby and I took the boys out to Rural King to get a few things. Tank did great passing a motion activated witch that rose and talked. He sniffed it and walked on Mojo however was totally surprised and growled then barked and hid behind me. I know I shouldnt have laughed but I couldnt help it. It was really funny to see the look on his face and the look that passed between him and Tank. Tank's training is going really well and he is doing great. He keeps growing so fast its amazing. I cant believe he is 8 months old already.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sat Sep 22, '12 10:54am PST 
I know what you mean sadie is all grown now and I dont see much diff. but my friends do. she is now 4 Wow ! time flys dose it not? I can not beleive she is 4 yrs now and been working since she was 7 mths.
[notify]
Abrams Tank- SDiT

Barked: Sun Sep 23, '12 8:09am PST 
Its wild how much difference there is between Tank and Katana. Where when Katana was off duty he was my boy heart and soul Tank is his daddys boy at ALL times. I almost hate when Mojo comes to visit because I hate seeing him go home. Tank is going to make a great SD as the time goes by. Hes so very smart and not much seems to bother him. I cant bring myself to put Katana's over the shoulder leash and pinch collar up in a drawer because his passing is still too fresh in my heart. I am however forced to reuse his vest until next month when we get his backpacks.
[notify]
Crazy Sadie- Lady

Barked: Sun Sep 23, '12 7:25pm PST 
I understand that feeling and Sadie just lost a friend to a tragic accentdent just recently. It is not easy to just move on like some think. Wether it be a family pet or a working partner it all hurts and is hard to get it in to your mind that they are gone. I still morn for my beloved Baby he was a pet but more so then that. I lost him a year after I lost his adopted mother dog/ sister dog. I was in a situation that I never got to say goodbye to her and too short a time to spend the last days with him when his illness hit him. It is the suddenness of it all that hurts but then if you think would it have not been worse if it was dragged out. I had just had enough time to say my love to him and tell him to go to her accross the bridge. I told him that I loved him so and that he was going to be ok now and that he would be with her and the others. I feel as I saw him go that he knew I loved him and that I had made the right choice for him. But the sadness and heart ace of his absince Makes me cry sometimes and wonder if I robbed him of his life. I was assured by my vet I did not. He was a vet to my CJ and has been a good vet to my SD.
[notify]