GO!

First access challenge with new SDiT

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Topic closed to new posts.
(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3  
Onyx, SD

Legitimate- Mobility Dog

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 1:11am PST 
"So, you're saying that if someone has a known disability they can get away with breaking the law as written. Sorry, but no."

Ditto.
[notify]
Juno

Super Star Puppy- Cadet

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 4:01am PST 
Of course it is up to the handler to decide when to graduate. For me I chose to use both the Delta Society and IAADP minimum standards as my guide. Until then we used any pet friendly event or area to practice. Also we had a lot of help from different local business. You can do so much at a children's park, or in a shopping center's parking lot. A street fair is always a great place. Even my local Walmart management had said I could train inside on the GM side when I asked if we could work outside with shopping carts and getting used to traffic.
Because she is considered a service dog in the eyes of ADA, Delta Society, and IAADP, yet I feel that because of her age she may have more learning plateaus and adolescent brain fluffies, not to mention that I want her to have so many more experiences under her collar, I say that she is a Service Dog but On the Job Training. She has graduated high school, now she is going through college.
[notify]
Bobby

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 9:31am PST 
So, you're saying that if someone has a known disability they can get away with breaking the law as written. Sorry, but no."
They make allowances for it Google it . I have a non disclosure agreement
[notify]

Bobby

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 2:02pm PST 
God I hope so!! Keep it Civil
You have never been through the legal system I have 4 times I was only trying to put for my experiences. Anyways I am not going to post anymore on this thread
[notify]
Bernadette- 02/05/04 - 09/25/08

Ripped out of my- family\'s arms- too soon

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 3:04pm PST 
Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

Thank you.
Scooter

Work hard; Play- harder.

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 3:17pm PST 
I think you don't understand how a NDA works. Listing a case isn't a violation of a NDA, the statements you have made thus far could be considered disclosure. Either way, in a situation like this, without being able to read the final judgement, anyone who takes your advice is asking for trouble.
[notify]
Dogster HQ

Barked: Tue Sep 18, '12 6:37pm PST 
Hi,

We have closed this thread. Threads can be closed temporarily or permanently for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common reasons are: the thread has gone off topic; the thread is not in the 'spirit' of Dogster; the thread is no longer fun, friendly or informational; the thread has been discussed at length in other threads; or we cannot provide adequate moderation at this time.

Please let HQ know if you have any questions.

HQ

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 27)  
1  2  3