GO!

Access challenge at Dollar Tree

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3  
tiki

I was born to be- loved.

Barked: Fri Jan 24, '14 9:38pm PST 
Beth you took the words right out of my mouth, I had such problems at the dollar tree, but I went to the top, and now we can go in with no problem, as you know tiki is a PSD. and she does her job well. we have had to fight with some very ignorant people from time to time, she has been call a purse puppy, designer dog ect.. yes she is small and sometime I do carry her in a bag, due to the fact she is so small I worry about her getting stepped on, anyway we went to Nations for a burger and the women said you can't bring in that dog, I told her she was a service dog, she then looked at me and said "Is she a seeing eye dog?" duh, yeah right sure she has to speak human to tell me not to bump into things, the lady saw me looking up reading the menu lol anyway the main point is stick to your guns you have rights. and I just wanted to say good by to all you great folks who have helped me here when I was having trouble understanding my rights. I will miss all of you guys, am heading over to petster. hugs to you all. love Linda Tiki,Emily Elizabeth and Sunday Star.hughugwavewavewavewavewavewavewavewavewave
[notify]
Otto - Registered- Service Dog

ADI cert. - the only one- that matters!

Barked: Thu Jan 30, '14 11:11pm PST 
Another day in our life with a service dog. Honestly, when you've had a service dog for more than a few years, you don't let these kinds of things get to you. Life is too short and things like this happen when you have a service dog.

Know this going in and don't let it upset you when it happens.

Challenging the status quo is fine - but expect the fallout.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 22)  
1  2  3