GO!

Freedom Design harness photos

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  
Ollivander

Super Silver- Service Spoodle

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 8:48am PST 
I've gotten a few requests recently for photos of Ollie's Freedom Design harness, so I made a picasa album with the photos I have taken of the vest. I thought I'd share it here in case anyone else was interested:

http://picasaweb.google.com/veronicadolittle/FreedomDesignHarness

If there are any other photos of the vest you'd like to see, let me know and I can take them and add them to the album.

Edited to try to fix link...

Edited by author Tue Jan 5, '10 9:12am PST

[notify]
Bradley- (Service- Dog)

pleasedontpetme.- com

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 12:36pm PST 
Whoever designed that was really thinking about options! It looks like a very cool harness. Very well thought out photos and explanations. Ollie is a good model, even if he isn't completely awake laugh out loud
[notify]
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 12:47pm PST 
Looks very nice.way to go

Am starting to change my mind about what vest I want!laugh out loud
[notify]

Spirit

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 12:58pm PST 
Hi Ollie,
I looked at your photos. That is a great harness. Did your mom make it or was it bought online. Sorry if I don't know the answer to it, I am just curious. I really like the ID Card area as well. That is a great place to put it!!!

I really like the PSDS Patches on it as well. I am trying to figure out a way to get the smaller one onto my school vest somehow, for now I just keep it with me.

By the way you have a really cute dog!

Hugs! blue dog
[notify]
Ando

Shepherd Savior.

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 12:58pm PST 
Awesome! I was looking for these on your page but I couldn't find them. Glad you put them all into one file, I bookmarked it.
[notify]
Kipper

*hiccup/burp*

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 1:02pm PST 
A linky for the vest!wave

Edited by author Tue Jan 5, '10 1:03pm PST

[notify]
Mali

Mali Woo

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 1:06pm PST 
It looks very nice. For me I always thought I would want a short stiff handle for balance, but this one works well for you?
[notify]
Jack

bunnies - YAY!!!

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 1:24pm PST 
yes, this is a very versatile harness. it is also the one that our program uses for our mobility sdit's. there is only one problem for us (though it wouldn't be a problem for a poodle) - if the dog sheds much, short hair gets stuck in the velcro and is difficult to get out. i just wanted to point this out, but others may not have the same problems.

ETA: even with the hair problems, the vest is very well constructed and can be used for wheelchair work - the velcro is very strong! however, if you are looking for a matching leash, i would suggest the power chair lead rather than the regular leash because the regular leash doesn't have much versatility (it only shortens lengthwise, the handle doesn't open like i thought it would by the pictures!)

Edited by author Tue Jan 5, '10 1:33pm PST

[notify]
Ollivander

Super Silver- Service Spoodle

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 1:24pm PST 
Glad if the photos can help someone! I bought the fest from www.freedomdesignusa.com. Well, I went in person to their house (I made an appointment) to purchase it since they are fairly close by here. I don't do balance work with Ollie just yet as I have not yet gotten his hips xrayed. However I feel a soft handle will work for us. I mostly need counterbalance work, which can be done with a hard or soft handle- I don't need to lean on the handle when walking. If I need to use him for brace work, like getting up from the floor or something, or even if I am standing up, I can put my hand on his shoulders without needing to use the harness-- he is just the right height for that for me.

A similar vest for those who want bigger pockets is the Classi Pack.
[notify]
Tetra-SD

I love to help!

Barked: Tue Jan 5, '10 2:05pm PST 
I was interested in the freedom design as well. I am interested in approximately how much stuff you can fit in to the pouch? The Classi Pack looks nice too, I just wish they gave the price on the website so I have a comparison!
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4