GO!

Service Dogs of America-- another scam!

The Service and Therapy Dog forum is for all service and therapy dogs regardless of whether or not their status is legally defined by federal or state law, how they are trained, or whether or not they are "certified." Posts questioning or disputing a person's need for a service or therapy dog, the validity of a person's service or therapy dog, or the dog's ability to do the work of a service or therapy dog are not permitted in this forum. Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times.

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2  
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Jun 5, '09 3:31pm PST 
I just wanted to mention that there is an organization called Service Dogs of America which is a legitimate organization connected with UKC.
I hope people don't confuse them with this "Service Dogs America" scam. Although it would be hard to confuse them since Service Dogs of America has nothing to do with assistance dogs, but rather search and rescue, protection and tracking dogs.
[notify]
Roanna

Guide dogs, the- ones others- emulate

Barked: Fri Jun 5, '09 3:43pm PST 
Hmmm.......if Service Dogs Of America has nothing to do with service and assistance dogs, then the name itself seems to be a bit misleading, no?
Since protection, tracking, and search and rescue are not mitigating tasks for disabilities, the name "Service Dogs Of America" seems to be inappropriate.
Or am I splitting hairs?
[notify]
Bianca CGC- TT HIC Thd- ♥

What big ears- you have...

Barked: Fri Jun 5, '09 3:49pm PST 
I think maybe the name was chosen because Search and Rescue and police dogs are said to be "in service to mankind" and are sometimes called service dogs.

This is what their mission statement says:
"Service Dogs of America is dedicated to developing, preserving and using a canine's natural instincts, intelligence and tractability to perform meaningful, utilitarian tasks for mankind."

Oh here is a link:
http://www.servicedogsofamerica.com/
[notify]

Ollivander

Super Silver- Service Spoodle

Barked: Fri Jun 5, '09 10:53pm PST 
Thanks for the correction, sorry to have gotten the name wrong in the title!
[notify]

Barked: Wed Jan 30, '13 12:38pm PST 
In response to fake Service Dogs I lived in Honolulu, Hawaii up till 2011 & I'm glad I left. There are so many Doctor's in Hawaii that will write you a Letter on there Stationary & RX Prepscriptions & they will write them the way you tell the Doctor's what words to put them down all they want is that Medicare Money. Several Men in a Park told me point blank to go Doctor shopping. There are so many Dirty Doctor's out there. No judge or Police will ever Question a Doctor. I heard a lady in a different state talk about how easy it is to get Doctor's to write up the Letters & Prepscriptions. So I put most of the blame on Dirty Doctor's.
[notify]
Isaac

Barked: Thu Jan 31, '13 4:49am PST 
How would doctors get Medicare money by writing letters saying patients need service dogs? Medicare doesn't pay for service dogs and doctors typically don't sell or train service dogs, so I don't see how they would get money from Medicare by writing letters.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 16)  
1  2